Play for a three month old

Mildly

Reaction score
Oscar doesn't seem that interested in his toys yet and only likes being on his play mat for about 5 minutes at a time. Can anyone suggest any games that I can play with him. I've tried peekaboo but he doesn't seem that impressed. Or maybe some toys that your LOs were playing with at that age? He is looking at his hands a lot and chewing and dribbling on them but I feel like I should be doing more active play things with him.

Any suggestions? :)

Edit - We've just had a great game of him kicking against my hands on his playmat which he really seems to enjoy :)

Hi Mildly :wave:

One of the first toys Eva played with were a set of linking rings:

http://www.elc.co.uk/toy/baby-links/

She still plays with them now, so great value! They are thin enough for little hands to get a good grip on and nice to chew (apparently lol)
Most of our games at that stage involved singing and being lifted up in the air, Grand old duke of york, Heads shoulders knees and toes and Pop goes the weasel were good. Eva didnt get peekaboo for ages either, she loves it now though!
Oh we also had little hand and foot rattles from Lamaze which she loved especially the little bee one....will find a link.....

http://www.lamazetoys.co.uk/Item_9_Lama ... r-Set.aspx

Its so great when you get a bit of interaction back, you will discover you actually are the most hilarious person in the world! :D At least one person likes my jokes even if she is only 9 months old! :lol:

I used to roll LO on a bed. Start from one end and roll her from back to front and then front to back all the way up to the other end. We actually still do it and she loves it!

Loads of singing and dancing, cycling her legs etc...

A three month old baby doesn't really 'play' with anything...as people have said above its really more a case of you playing with them!

Maia had some of those black and white books which she would look at sometimes, but I don't remember her 'playing' with anything until she was much older.

:D

Thanks for the replies :D

There are great ideas for me to try, thanks :)

Clarey, I think I will get some of those linking toys, he already has the lamaze wrist bands and doesn't seem especially interested in them yet. But it may take time. I sat him on my knee today, bounced him and sang the Little Spainsh Flea song from the Simpsons and he was squealing in delight - I felt so important :D

Mildly said:
bounced him and sang the Little Spainsh Flea song from the Simpsons and he was squealing in delight - I felt so important :D

Esme loves Heads shoulders knees and toes she squeals at the eyes, ears and nose bit, we dont even need to sing just touch the body partas :lol:

She also loves it when OH also sings and does actions with her to the rude rhyme my brother Billy has a ten foot willy :roll: :shakehead:

i aslo have the same dilema with my little 3 month old girl. she used to love her vibrating chair, but has recently become bored by it and will sit in it for only 5 mins at a time before getting bored.

i usually just sing with her and dance around with her lol (if anyone was looking through the window i think they would reckon i had lost the plot). i took her to a rhythm time class the other day and didnt think she would get it, but i was amazed by how involved she got and she was totally mesmerized by everything. they have the classes everywhere i think. the website is www.rhythmtime.co.uk

Its really tough to find stuff for them to do at this age i think as they havent quite worked out how to hold things and play by themselves, but i just play with the toys infront of her and just let her watch me.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back