1 year old milk feeds - should he still be drinking it from a bottle?

Constantstar

Reaction score
Owen has his morning and night milk in his bottle, but my mum
Mentioned he should be drinking it out of a sippy cup? He drinks normal water out of a sippy cup just not his milk? When did u or when will u swap ? Thanks

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

I have no idea how I'll convince cam to ever do this as he loves his bottle :oooo: my friends l/o is 1 next week and still has 3 bottles per day but drinks water from a sippy. So you aren't alone x

My hv said that from 1 they should be having milk from beakers rather than bottles. I'm just about to make the switch.

My HV said by 18mths and Ella still has her morning and bedtime milk in a bottle x

I am planning to let lo use a bottle as long as it wants.
If it takes juice and water from a cup I am pleased.
After all it will eventually abandon the bottle, not that it will go to the school with it or sth :p
At some point they all want to mimic the grown ups and they will naturally drop the bottle :)

We got rid of the bottle just before her first birthday, she wasn't bothered at all! x

Some babies are perfectly happy to drink water in a beaker, but refuse milk from one because they relate the milk with a bottle. I wouldn't stress over making the change, eventually they'll drop milk feeds altogether and therefore drop the bottle. As long as they're happy to take water etc in a beaker I wouldn't worry too much.

i haven't done anything about this and my lo is nearly 1 as well. i can't imagine her not having her night time milk in a bottle so that can be our little secret! I did try and give her milk out of her sippy cup and she actually took one look at it and handed it back! Once she is on cows milk i'll make more of an effort but hoping she will drop a couple of milk feeds first - she still drinks gallons!!
am not too bothered tbh

We swapped DS onto a sippy cup at 10/11 months old but it's a completely personal thing x

My LO had just turned one when we got rid of the bottle and he wasn't bothered in the slightest.
A friend of mine has a little girl though is 18 months and still clings to her bottle.
I guess it just depends on the child. I would never of taken it away from him if it bothered him, we were just lucky that he didn't seem to care :)

I know I need to swap onto a beaker, but don't want to miss my cuddles with LO as milk time is the only time he'll give me a cuddle!!

My lo wont touch milk in a healer so still has bottle at 15 months I wouldnt pressure urself too much x

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk 2

My eldest wouldn't take a bottle after 10 months so solved the issue for me but when we switched to cows milk wouldn't drink it at all he still won't drink it now and he's 9 this year but he has loads of dairy stuff to compensate

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back