Wet feeling

From the description of contractions on here it sounds like I've had some already - but that can't be possible as the baby would be here by now surely! :?

Hi Rosie

That was probably braxton hicks you were experiencing then! :lol:

I don't think my body knows whats going on at the moment! Especially since she started giving me 'nuggys' with the top of her head on my cervix (thats what it feels like!). Ouch!

Rosebay said:
Ok thanks- so do they not spread upwards and tighten everything like BH at all then?

+++

They tighten everything 10 times more than BH... your tummy goes solid like a brick. That's where the pain comes from I guess.

Found quite a good explanation online:

Contractions are often described as a cramping or tightening sensation that starts in the back and moves around to the front in a wave-like manner. Others say the contraction feels like pressure in the back. During a contraction, the abdomen becomes hard to the touch. In the childbirth process, the work of labor is done through a series of contractions. These contractions cause the upper part of the uterus (fundus) to tighten and thicken while the cervix and lower portion of the uterus stretch and relax, helping the baby pass from inside the uterus and into the birth canal for delivery.

This came from quite a good article:
http://babies.sutterhealth.org/laborand ... actns.html

EDIT: Looking again I'm sure their "timing contractions" diagram is wrong, but it could just be me LOL

ive heard, (dont quote me on this though) that you can go into the first stages and it could last a few days. my SIL had the first stages for 3 days.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back