Wet feeling

lulu

Reaction score
Hi,

Im a bit concerned! I have been getting a slight wet feeling a lot over the past week or so. Im concerned that it may be my waters.

I wake up in the night feeling damp and almost constantly during the day. My partner even commented on how damp I was. I have just been putting it down to sweat (TMI :oops: ) But now that I am a week overdue Im beginning to wonder :?

Im not noticing a trickle of fluid or anything, it doesnt smell like urine either.

Im not sure what to do???? :?

I'd give your midwife a bell or labour ward and speak to them - they may want you to go in and be checked as your already past your due date. If it was your waters they may want to induce you if nothing happens naturally. It may just be discharge though??
Does it smell sweet??? Sorry you dont have to answer if you dont wanna give TMI xx

id phone your midwife or hospital hun, people often think that there waters will be a gush or a trickle, but i can leak out very slowely and go unnoticed by alot of people.

hopefuly this is it for you! :D

good luck

xx

Hi,

well I think it does, the trouble is Im wondering whether Im thinking it smells sweet just because I want it to be my waters - if that makes sense???

If it doesn't smell like wee or discharge then I'm guessing your sense are right ....give them a bell - and let us know what they say. Good luck! x

Im scared now! - silly arent I!!! :oops:

I just worry that Im ringing for nothing or its my imagination or something! :?

Don't be daft sweetie - it's better safe than sorry I say.... if anything seems out of the ordinary it should be checked...
You're due this week anyway - why you scared hun xx

Well I called - got a bit tongue tied as the midwife sounded a little scarey!!!

They want me to go and get checked out - they said they didnt think it was my waters but they have to check it out!!!

God Im scared now - feel like crying!!!

Awww babe don't be scared. Are you going to go with someone? Take an overnight bag just incase.

Let us know how it goes - and good luck!! xx

yep, going with my partner - will give you an update when I can.

Thanks for the advice and listening!!! :wink:

Hi,

well I have just got back home!

The sad part is, Im still not in labour and my waters havent broken :(
The good part is baby is ok, heart rate good etc.

They also said my cervix was looking soft, so fingers crossed I wont have to wait much longer, hopefully!!! :)

I had to have an internal and they took a swab - that was really painful!
The midwife said that it looks like I have a slight infection (possibly thrush) and they have given me a pessary for tonight as they want it clear before I go into labour!

So unless I go into labour naturally (hoping and praying) , Im booked in for a 'stretch and sweep' on wednesday, as planned!!!

Thanks again for all your messages - oh and Im a lot clearer on what a contraction feels like now as the midwife explained it - think that has made me more at ease :)

Hi Lulu,

glad everything is ok :)

Any chance you could pass on the explanation of a contraction as I'm really not sure I know what it'll be like either!

Thanks!

+++

Contractions for me are basically like bad period pains.
A genuine contraction will start off more in your back, with a low back ache, whereas BH are all at the front.

Does that help?

the midwife said its like really bad period cramps or diarheorra pains, like when you really have to go to the loo!!!

She said you go to the loo and it goes but then it comes back again.

She said that some people have pains in there back some in the front and some all round.

Ok thanks- so do they not spread upwards and tighten everything like BH at all then?

+++

Not 100% sure.

I dont think Ive experienced braxton hicks.

It could differ for different people though. :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back