Went to the dentist today

sarah113

Reaction score
At the hozzie, about getting my wisdom tooth removed, they are going to do in on 29th january :shock: (im pooing myself), he said i will just have a local anastetic (sp) so ill be awake. He said about the precedure what they do ect, and he said about a drill to get it out or something, how big is this drill thingy as ill be awake.
I think as long as i dont see and blood of needles ill be fine (hopefully)

thats my worst nightmare but luckily my mouth is big enough :lol: :roll:

My dental advice is take an ipod whenever you are getting something done you would rather not know about. CLose your eyes, listen to music and it is marginally less stressful. Good luck!
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hiya Sarah!

Poor you - but you really are doing the right thing having them taken out. I had one taken out by local anaesthetic in 2001 and then the other 3 by general anaesthetic in 2005. Although local is weird (it really doesn't hurt but you can feel the pressure of it being pulled and hear all the cracking noises etc) I would definitely recommend it over general, which knocked me out (low blood pressure) for 3 weeks :shock:

With the local anaesthetic it really wasn't that bad - and over in minutes. Just be aware that you'll drool blood in your sleep for a while afterwards so use old pillows and bedding just in case.

Best of luck :hug:

I think you are very brave, I hate the dentist!! It does sound like it should be ok though so it is definately worth getting it done!
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think ill deffo get an ipod, i dont think ill be able to deal with cracking noises

I wish id used my mps player when i had my root canal done !!!!!!! :(
Goog luck chose happy songs, be brave ask for a sticker for being good i got one from my dentist i think because im a nursery nurse. :rotfl:

Oh I feel you!!! I had 2 root canal treatments the other week with local - including x-rays of all sorts :( Rest assured your baby will be safe as the technology and resources today have improved from years ago :)

I had my wisdom teeth pulled several years ago with local and it was actually quite okay - I didn't even swell like a chipmunk and felt fine after a couple of days....your situation may be similar! Good luck :hug:

Is it your top one or a bottom one Sarah?, I had two bottom ones done under local about 15 years ago and I didn't enjoy it as such but it didn't hurt. The noises are dreadful though and my dentist sat astride me to get the first one out. Lucky it was a woman I guess!!

I did swell up though, I was very bruised and had to have stitches to close the holes which feel enormous. There now I've terrified you, I'll go away!!

I've had both wisdom and normal teeth extracted under local and both were fine. They may use a drill to make it easier to pull out, but its much like when having a tooth drilled for a filling.

For my wisdom teeth I didn't have them drilled, just pulled. Although I had a surgical extraction where they cut into my gum to get a proper grip on it and therefore I needed stitches afterwards also. Lots of pulling once that was done but it came out all in one go. They are bloody huge long things below the surface. Who knew they were that big :shock: They do take some effort pulling wise from the dentist so be prepared for your head to be pulled about a bit. Was sore for a few days thanks to the stitches and yanking but drank soup through a straw and all that, had a hot water bottle for the side of my face to relieve the discomfort and was fine.

Yes you can feel pressure as they pull, and yes, there can be some noise, but all in all it happens pretty quickly. I am not at all squeamish about dentists so don't mind sitting there for that sort of thing. Its not painful at all with a local and tbh, far less invasive than a trip to the hospital and a general to knock you out. If you need another jab of local just wave your hand and ask. I had about 3 for mine and it was fine.

Taking an iPod is a good idea :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back