NHS DENTIST CARE IN the south east

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
I am in agony have been for a weeks now my lower gum is killing me i need to see the dentist it started as bleeding when i brushed but this week its pure pain
When i first moved to Tonbride i registered at the Local NHS dentist i had very bad tooth ache. They where useless and left me in pain :evil: i desided to use my Partners dentist which is private they tried in vain to save my tooth but it was to late. :( They are very expensive good but costly i havnt been back since which i know is bad. :oops: But on a low wage i hate to use it on check ups. Now that i am preggers i can get dentistry free :) but my private one does not do NHS or exempt care. :x Ive looked on line for others near by. the Nhs one i went to first has gone part private and is taking no more Nhs i wouldnt wont to go back to them anyway. i found one in Hadlow and Southborough that take NHS AND EXEMPT but im worried im out side of the post code area for these. :? :think: Anyone else had these problems

I'm lucky to have had the same dentist since I was a toddler as I've always lived near enough to him. There's a huge problem here finding NHS dentists as my partner can't find one to register with - the nearest is around 20 miles away so he hasn't bothered.

Someone suggested to me calling the local NHS board or even NHS 24 to see what they suggest - seems there's no incentive for new dentists graduating to take on NHS patients because of all the paperwork involved. They seem to make more money privately.

Afaik you can go you can go outside your local area for a dentist. I live in Devon and go 45 minutes drive into Somerset for mine and its never been a problem. My hubby also now goes to the same one as me.

If in doubt why not call them and ask?

Just make sure you attend their annual check ups, as much as you might not like them, as if you don't and lapse they can remove you from their books and give your place to someone else on the NHS waiting list.

How do you put yourself on the nhs waiting list? I haven't had a dentist since I moved here a year and a half ago. I'm normally very good about getting my teeth checked every 6 months

muppetmummy said:
How do you put yourself on the nhs waiting list? I haven't had a dentist since I moved here a year and a half ago. I'm normally very good about getting my teeth checked every 6 months

Phone round all the dentists in your area that take NHS patients. If one of them can take you straight away, grab it, and then carry on phoning round for an opening elsewhere in case you don't like the one you have first off. Go on their wait lists.

If that doesn't work, ask them all to put you on their waiting list and they should then notify you when a place becomes available. Again, grab the first one comes through. Could take a month, could take 6 or more.

Thanks for that :D When I lived in Plymouth the local health authority had a central list you put your name on and you were allocated a place with whoever had a place free. I haven't come across anything like that up here so didn't know what to do

Thank you for the advice given!!!! :)
I rang around a few dentists advitising that they take NHS and exempt the first was fully booked but the second said they will begin to take on more NHS next friday so i need to ring back then and apply book an appointment. I think i can put up with the pain till then to get it free.

O thats not so bad then, Friday. Just make sure to phone as soon as they open as others may well be wanting to get on their books also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back