Well.......

Sassyminx

Reaction score
went to physio yesterday about my SPD, and she gave me a rather fetching tubigrip to wear around my middle until the " brace " :shock: she ordered comes in....

got a phone call an hour or so later to say it was in and could i go and get it..... its a huge brown support belt that straps my pelvis in place and limits my movement, feels like im being sucked in and baby obviously dont like it as he has done nothing but kick since i put it on.... gotta wear it constantly apart from in bed, though its cutting me in half trying to sit down so take it off when im sitting....

she said ive gotta go back next week and if its any worse theyll give me crutches to help... i really cant imagine having to spend the next 9 weeks on crutches :shock: :shock: :shock:

I know its a pain but it should help, and to be honest I wish I took the help when it was offerd but I just thought it was silly and that I will just get on with it, how wrong I was :shakehead:

The pain at night is terrible, im just glad I havnt got long to go.

Sorry to hear that you aren't getting on with the support - it doesn't sound very nice at all!!! But -At least you have been reviewed!

I have got my appointment with the physio on my due date and I have been unable to walk from about 28 weeks! Signed off work and everything and I would have definatley had the crutches if they had been on offer - in the end I went round with my nans walking stick and used the motorised scooters in Tescos etc!!! How fetching!!!!!

Don't know if I should bother with my appointment as the MW has told me the SPD goes once you have given birth but people on here have said it has taken a while for all the symptoms to dissapear!

yeah i guess at the end of the day any help is better than just suffering in silence, though dont really know how id use crutches, as cant really swing myself off them can i :shock: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back