Well this sucks major ass

Beeble

Reaction score
Sorry for the nonchalant title but I am having a mc and it really does suck so much :(

I started spotting brownish blood on Wednesday, it eased off and started again on Thursday. On friday it was a little heavier but not too bad, but in the evening I started to feel that I should go to the toilet as I felt like bleeding was heavier and as soon as I sat down all of this blood and tissue and a sac thing just fell out into the toilet.

I was not in any significant pain or discomfort so was in total shock.

Just cleaned myself up and told the OH who made me sit down and get a cuppa.

Knew it was a mc so didnt call NHS 24 as I felt physically fine and there was nothing they could do at that time.

On Sat I was also fine, still bleeding but not too bad, but Sunday I was in agony with cramping yet hardly any bleeding.

Total I finally got seen by the hospital, they say my cervix is a little open and pregnancy test faint which are indicators of mc (along with all the bleeding, cramps and passing tissue) but they wont confirm it till a scan which I can't get till Wednesday.

I am now in so much pain with the bad cramps, If i need to pee or poo the pressure on my bladder etc causes extreme agony.

Basically, it is one thing to have this sadness and loss of pregnancy and its another to have all this pain, discomfort and tiredness carry on for days and days and days. I am at my wits end now, I have lost the pregnancy so I just want this pain to end.

Sorry for my rant but it is really rubbish - OH as lovely as he is has to deal with the loss but otherwise he is fine whilst I am waddling around like a big fat sore duck. I hate wearing pads aswell, they make me feel so unclean.

Want to sleep through this.

I know everyone on here has had to deal with this, I am just upset and grumpy and tired and sore. It was my first pregnancy and now I am also concerned it will make me really scared of it happening again if we ttc again. :( xx

:hugs:

sweety you should go to the doctors really and get scanned to check you have passed all tissues and you donthave an infection

i know its awful and you just want to stay indoors ( i did after mine for 4 weeks! ) but make sure you are ok if its hurting you darling x

and yeah it sucks big time doesnt it :-( but dont think it will happen again, you have every chnace of getting your little bean eventually! you CAN get pregnant sweety at least you ( and i ) know that

take care and rest up, dont deal with the pain get some painkillers and massive hugs.

Its the worst thing i ever went through i know how you feel xx

Oh Hun, I'm so sorry you are going through this. It's so hard to lose something you want so much. I hope things are resolved for you quickly. :hugs:

Thanks ladies,

I was at the hospital today but they are rubbish here and basically said they don't have a scan appointment to check if everything has passed till wednesday.

They did a very quick internal exam which confirmed that the cervix was open a little, they also took a urine sample and a used pad (lovely). They wont confirm the mc until scan on wednesday.

I am a little more comfortable now I have my painkillers and waterbottle but feel like I will be on the couch this week. Not moving until I have to. xx

Oh hun I didn't want to read and run and I wish I could offer you some advice. Thoughts are with you xxx

realy sorry its been so hard for you beeble it realy does suck :-( hope its over very soon for you and the pain is not to bad tonight for you take care and rest as much as u can xxxxxxxxx

It's horrible to go through I hope it doesn't last too long. :hugs:

I remember going through my second MC and half way through the contractions before i passed the sack I realise. WTF am I doing this with out pain killers. So I went to the cupboard and got out my strongest Migraine tablets that always make me float on cloud 9. I took 2 instead of the 1 I usually take. But they hadn't kicked in before I started to pass everything. a few mins after everything was gone I passed out.

Last edited:
Sorry to read this hun.

Mc is an awful thing to happen to anyone. Please don't think that it is going to happen again to you, you have an 80% chance of having a normal pregnancy next time just like anyone else. I worried far too much when I got pregnant again and it spoiled the first few months.

Take the painkillers you need. I hope at the scan they tell you it has all passed so you can get back on the band wagon if that's what you want.

Sorry you are going through this. I have also recently miscarried with my first pregnancy.

I hope you begin to feel better soon x

So sorry hun, I feel your pain. This was my first pregnancy too so know how u feel about fearing it will happen again. Wish none of us had to go through this, really awful experience xx

Hello, just thought I would update.

Basically I am having a right issue with getting my needs met with the lovely healthcare system.

I was NOT supposed to be sent to the hospital on monday when I updated on here and the ladies there made no secret of it the whole time I was in. I am not to know better, thats where I was told to go.

Anyway, had scan today and confirmed that everything had passed. The sonographer was not updated that it was to confirm m/c so was all excited and bubbly and talking about looking for a heartbeat. Not her fault but seriously could nobody have updated her on the situation?

Anyway, once I told her she was great, confirmed that everything was out and that I don't need any procedures etc. Had a meeting with the nurse who just gave me a badly done leaflet on coping with a m/c then they sent me on my way.

I am still in a good bit of shock and my self cert sickness will run out on monday. Called my GP to try and get a sick line (just incase I need it) as right now the thought of work makes me feel so stressed as its awful and I have enough on my plate.

They said that all of this should have been done through my GP (nobody told me to call the gp at any point) They asked if I could bring in my info confirming m/c but the people today didnt give me anything. All i have is a discharge note from monday which just says that I have bleeding and cramping. I took that into the GP surgery and they photocopied it, they have written down that m/c has been confirmed today and the doctor will confirm or deny sickline by friday!

Now I am a bag of stress, freaking out that I will have to go to work on monday. Not had a chance to explain anything to the GP myself, the notes are all they have to go on as they wont have anything from NHS 24 or the hospital to confirm all these problems. Now it just looks like I am trying to get a random sickline :( Why is it all so stressful!!! How hard is it to communicate and have all this info updated on the system.

My work will kill me if I stay off longer than I am allowed and the sick line gets denied so I have to know before it runs out.

Also - on a side note. This is prob tmi but at this point in time there is no such thing. This morning I woke up and passed more tissue when in bed (lovely) this time however it had a horrible smell. The bleeding today although light has also had a horrible smell. I mentioned it to the nurse but she didnt seem to interested as everything had passed and ultrasound was clear. Is this anything to worry about? x

What an awful, awful experience your having to go through... :(
Must have been awful having to tell the sonographer, really doesnt sound like your getting treated properly at all...
Last thing you need is the stress about having to go to your work... is there anyway you could have even a phoncall chat with your GP or possibly get an appointment to discuss this? I dont think this is how it should be handled at all...

And as for passing the tissue I would keep an eye on it maybe for the next 24 hours, but if you get any more or any pain id call nhs24 even for some advice see what they say...xxxxx

Yeh telling the sonographer was really rubbish, I went today with my Dad as OH is away in Bristol just now and she came through and asked if I wanted him to come in for it...urm, no thanks. Its just a scan to confirm m/c, not a happy have everyone come see scan.

The receptionist at the doctors said I can't get an appointment till monday but by that time my self cert sickness will have ran out and my work would just love any opportunity to smack me with the rule book. Need it confirmed asap so I know that on monday I don't have to go in. Although the doctor can back date the sick line I am worried that if I take a monday appt and dont give me one then I have one unauthorised day off. My work disciplined me when there was a suicide in the family and I took a day off to try come to terms with it...thats how low they go. I also got told off for only calling my on call and the service I work at - didnt also call the manager the next day so I broke a rule there too. This is why I worry about getting this sick line confirmed.

They didn't offer me a call with the GP either - just said they would send the old discharge note from hosp with no mention of m/c with a small receptionists note saying that I had said mc was confirmed and thats what the doc will see.

Really hoping that alone is enough to get one. If I could just see a GP and tell them everything thats happened I am sure I would get one but there is no appointments and all the hospital notes will take ages to get to them. Pathetic healthcare system sometimes x

Oh hun that's awful. When I went to hospital for my d&c they gave me a 2 week sicknote and they backdated it for me. I'm sure ur gp will do the same for you. I would insist upon a phone appointment tomorrow if I were you xx

blimey beeble what a horrible experience for you bless ya (((hugs))) ur work sounds like the pits no wander u are worried .hope ur feeling ok and that u can get sicknote bk dated xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back