Well I had my scan...its a........

scones

Reaction score
GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well she was '70% sure' it was a girl because when she had a look she couldnt see any boy bits there and neither could we.

She said as I was measuring 17 weeks and 6 days it was too early to do my anomaly scan so I have to go back next week to have it done properly so we werent in there long and she didnt do any of the measurements or checks at all, although she said evenrything appeared to be fine with the baby.

Saw the heart beating and that reassured me, as tbh hubby and I were a bit peed off that we had gone there and not had our scan, so to speak, now I have to go next week and he's going to miss it.

However she showed us between the legs and there wasnt anything 'there' that was when I asked her how sure she was and she said '70%' so theres still a chance that it might be a boy, we will see next week.

As we were leaving she said, oh come back and Ill do you a picture, so I got back up and she did me a nice side profile pic for free.We had paid for 2 pics as we went in the reception, so i kept the ticket for next time.

aww that's nice :cheer: :cheer: i thought you were due same time as me?

Well Ive been told 11th/12th May, but she said today that Im at about 17 weeks and 6 days. I have changed my ticker to say that.Oh its all so confusing. My LMP was August 4th. x

i wouldn't worry hun babies grow at different rates i'd just stick to what tehy said at the scan :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Although she said looks like a girl, Id better wait till my next scan next thurs to make really sure. Imagine if I get really excited its a girl then find out it isnt! How would you lot feel if you were in my position now? I dont know what to think really.

Congratulations hun! :cheer:

scones said:
Although she said looks like a girl, Id better wait till my next scan next thurs to make really sure. Imagine if I get really excited its a girl then find out it isnt! How would you lot feel if you were in my position now? I dont know what to think really.

I know what you mean about that.. well kind of! My friend is due 3 weeks before me and she had her scan last week, they told her basically what they've said to you! They're about 70% sure it's a girl but told her not to go out and buy anything pink! At least you're having another scan so they can check again! :D
I feel sorry for my friend, she said she's considering paying for a private scan as they really wanted to know before the baby is born! It must be annoying when they're not sure as you don't really know what to think, hope they can tell on thurs for you! :hug:

Thanks hun, I hope so too.We are planning on having a 4d scan anyway so if we cant tell next thur then the 4d will be able to tell us.

(Im secretly over the moon though if it is a girlie :wink: )

Congrats on your pink news and good luck for next week :dance:

congrats on team pink!

when i asked about the sex of baby, she wrote in a piece of paper (my DH didn't want to find out) 'baby girl'. she never said a percentage, but i asked 'is this a 98%?' and she said yes. imagine i have a boy now!!!! what are my chances??? i've told my whole family already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back