Welcome Harlan Reece

Lou12

Reaction score
Well ladies, my little boy has finally arrived, exactly 2 weeks early on Monday 4 August, weighing a lovely 6lb 13 1/2oz. It was a very speedy delivery!!!

On the Sunday morning I started losing little bits of my plug, but didn't think labour would be starting anytime soon.

I woke up at 4 o'clock on the Monday morning to go to the loo, and when I got back in bed I started feeling mild period type pains. When I'd had 3 pains 10 mins apart I knew it was starting. But I stayed laying down hoping to rest a little longer, but downloaded a contraction timer app to help. Just after 5 I informed hubby I'd started labour and got up. They were getting closer by the time my eldest boy woke at just before 6.

Because I didn't want Greyson to see me in pain I went to my parents at about 7 (they live in same building as us). At 7.50 I called my One to One midwife as they have to assess and call hospital before you go in. She said it would take an hour before she could arrive, but I said I couldn't wait, so the hospital was called and we left at 8.10.

The pains at this point were 2-3 mins apart, and I was starting to feel the urge to push. We reached the reception just on 8.30, and I was seen into an assessment room - luckily a midwife was coming out of the staff room as we walked past as I was mid contraction and shouted that I could feel him coming! She had a look and said "yes, it's definitely on the way" (later she said that all she could see was this dark hair :)). I lay on the bed, pushed and out came the head! Two contractions later my little boy was placed on my chest. He was born at 8.33am! Just 3 minutes after we reached maternity!

It's a good job we didn't leave a little later, as we would have hit the rush hour traffic, and could very well have had him on the motorway!!! If we ever have another, I'll either have to live at the hospital or have a home birth - although hubby has said I'm not allowed another haha!!

So there is my very short and sweet birth story for Harlan Reece Nicholls.

Attachments

• IMG_1268603942054.jpg
    IMG_1268603942054.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 61
What a fast labour his beautiful congratulations xx

Wow! Sounds like an amazing birth- congratulations! Xx

Aww wow what an amazing story! Congratulations Hun he's gorgeous! Xxx

Wow, lovely (and very speedy) labour. So glad all went well.

Bub is just beautiful

X

Wow, I love speedy delivery stories. Congratulations on your gorgeous little boy :)

Awww congratulations hun!

Such a lovely birth story! So quick!

Your little man is just gorgeous!!

And, happy birthday to your big boy for today too!!

August is going to be an expensive month for you eh?

XX

Thank you everyone :)

Emily - thanks for extra birthday wish too!! Yes August will be expensive - although we'll save on joint parties I guess!!

wow - what a fantastic labour!! he is beautiful - well done! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back