weird question.........

young_mummy

Reaction score
sorry if this is a bit strange but i have been feeling kicks in the top of my pubic area and i am really concerned the baby may be too low down, my mum mentioned to me that i may need a stitch if i have a weak womb and that's why the baby's weight is dragging it down so far but if that was the case wouldn't it of been picked up on the scans?

please help- worried!!!

young_mummy

How far along are you? I feel movements quite low down, I think the baby's still relatively small so it depends whether he/she is upside down or not!

Having said that I don't know anything about having a weak womb... are you at risk? I don't think it's very common. When do you next see your midwife?

How many weeks are you hun,all my early kicks were down there,i think i didn't get anything much higher until i was nearly in 3rd tri plus it could be the position baby is in :hug: xx

How far along are you?
Also the only time Im aware that you would need a stitch is if you have an incompetent cervix. Which you will normally know aout cause your would prob suffer leeding, esp after sex.

I dont know whats your mums talking about having a 'weak womb' I think perhaps she might have her wires crossed a little.

I agree with the other girls, when i was in 1st/2nd tri it was all mostly low down where i felt baby moving, so i don't think it's anything to worry about.

But if you really are worried get in touch with your MW even just to put your mind at ease.

i am 22 weeks and i am getting kicks from the top of my pubic area right up to my navel, but the lower ones are the ones i am worried about because it seems that its abit TOO low down and i thought they would be more at the bottom of my stomach ABOVE the pubic area,

i wouldn't know if i would bleed during sex because me and my hubby haven't attempted it with this pregnancy because the last pregnancy sex bought on a miscarriage so now this time we are abstaining,

so you don't think i would need a stitch then? i have tried for the past week to get through to my midwife but to no avail- nobody answers the damn phone- grrrrrrrrr

young_mummy

cant see you needing a stitch as you would know about it if you had an incompetent cervix, my baby kicked right down below my pubic bone it just depends where it is positioned as to where the kicks land

Sounds like your pretty normal to me hun, kicks are often very low in the pelvic area, this is all quite normal.

I think your mum might be talking rubish about havin a stitch for a weak uterus. She miht be getting confussed about different things

When I was pregnant most of the kicks were very low down. I think it's normal hun :)

My Mum had a stitch too when she was pregnant with me so I asked the midwife if it was hereditary and she said it wasn't.
I'm getting low kicks as well but it depends on where the baby is lying.
I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but maybe mention it to your midwife next time you see her.
Lucyx

With both my girls i had those low down kicks, sometimes what "feels" like a certain place actually isnt. An incompetent cervix would only be picked up by an internal scan, which a doctor won't usually do unless you have had premature births before.

So don't worry, as its probably not kicking too far down, it just feels like it is, and perhaps its a big bubba!!

Take care

Claire x

I'm about as far as you and it depends what way round he is as to where he kicks. Get them quite low sometimes and thankfully still relatively gentle so wouldnt worry about it hun, bubs is lively and moving :D

I just had to have a check up, and the dr found the babies heart beat just above my pubic bone. She tried much higher up earlier on, but found it all the way down there. As the dr didn't say anything, I dont see there's anything to worry about with the babies position, and nor with yours :hug:

i am the same along as you young mummy and all my kicks are low, nothing to worry about xx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back