Weight Gain!!

DawnWallington

Reaction score
Hey girls,

How are you all?

Just wondering, how is everyone's weight gain??

I am 26 weeks/6 months and I have put on a stone in weight. Do you think that is a lot??

I am struggling with food, never wanting anything really (apart from sweet things) and no matter what I cook, I always end up throwing most of it away :eek:(

I hope you are all well.

Dx

I'm not weighing myself, so have no idea how much I have put on. However, I don't think a stone at our stage is too much.

I've lost weight since being pregnant, but I've not been sick at all, so I'm a bit concerned that lil'un isn't growing properly.

i weighed myself last monday and ive put on 7lb already (was 10st) . with my 1st pregnancy i went from 10 st to 13 st!!!!!!
being 6 months pregnant and only putting on a stone is pretty good hun xxx

ooh thanks for that link, i've put on half a stone in 18 weeks which they say is spot on.

I think it's only natural for us ladies to worry we're putting on too much as your body changes so much in such a short space of time, we're not used to it.

Glad im on track though, have almost forgotten what hunger feels like, since finding out i was pregnant i've been eating too often to ever feel it lol!

ooh thanks for that link, i've put on half a stone in 18 weeks which they say is spot on.

I think it's only natural for us ladies to worry we're putting on too much as your body changes so much in such a short space of time, we're not used to it.

Glad im on track though, have almost forgotten what hunger feels like, since finding out i was pregnant i've been eating too often to ever feel it lol!

I want to be hungry!! I haven't been hungry for 15 weeks! I just always feel full and sick, but I want to want to eat (if that makes sense?!!) Maybe I should just eat lots and force my body to remember what it's like to like food!!

Last edited:
I have also lost weight and my face looks thin n kneck looks scrawny, I am eating really well but it says in book I should have put on something by now. x

I am almost 25 weeks and I have gained little more than a stone so sound ok to me..:)

I have put on 1 stone and 5 pounds, so your doing very well!

I only put on 7lbs with DS and he weighed 7lb 3oz, I was however 2 stone heavier then than I am at the start of this pregnancy. I have gained 12lbs so far with this little one and have been quite naughty with my eating habits but I also have a more active job this time round too so hoping to keep moving as much as possible (and as much as the SPD allows me too later on)....

I have quite a big appetite and am a big girl but have been eating way healthier than I ever have done before. I have lost about 4lbs in weight compared to my start weigh - not trying too it's just happened that way. Am not too worried as I think baby must be using some of my fat stores from my flabby tummy but will mention it to the midwife just so she knows.

Mez

Hey girls,

How are you all?

Just wondering, how is everyone's weight gain??

I am 26 weeks/6 months and I have put on a stone in weight. Do you think that is a lot??

I am struggling with food, never wanting anything really (apart from sweet things) and no matter what I cook, I always end up throwing most of it away :eek:(

I hope you are all well.

Dx

I gained more than that so I think that is really good. I gained about 1stone 6lbs or so at 4,5 months. but it is average to gain about a stone at 6 months, but then again if you gain more (or less) it doens't really matter, weight gain doesn't tell you anything about how much the baby weighs. (as long as you don't gain 4 stone or more hehe).

iv put on 9 pounds and im 25weeks, i have tho lost 5lb after a really bad 2weeks in egypt with food poisoning, but based on my weight n height, my BMI is 30 so i was overweight before i fell pregnant, i can still put on 2 stone, which i think seams a lot, but im eating healthy so aslong as baby is ok :)

my oh weighed 8lb when he was born, but i was only 5lb so maybe its gona be a small baby,

good luck ladies!!

xxx

thats a good link - thanks for that

I have only gained 2 lb so far, so need to start putting some more on. eating lots , but guess baby is getting it from somewhere. that website says in second trimester you out on a 1lb a week till 40 weeks, so that would be nearly a stone by 28 weeks, so all sounds ok

I am being weighed as I am under consultant care, so far I have lost 3.5kgs! Waiting for it to catch up with me though! x

I am usually about 9 stone 3 lbs or so but two weeks ago at the docs I was just over the ten stone mark not too bad! I am still waering my size 12 jeans so really pleased as I eat everything in sight I am always so hungary!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back