Weight gain during pregnancy?

Dinski

Reaction score
What is normal weight gain during pregnancy? I am worried that I have put on too much weight. Pre-pregnancy I weighed about 53kgs and now I weigh about 68kg :shock: . I am very swollen on my ankles, hands and face and I am only 5'1" tall so I am worried that this is not normal. I eat when I feel hungry (which is pretty much all the time at the moment).

I feel quite depressed about this as do quite a bit of exercise during the day from going shopping to doing the housework. Could I be having a big baby? I am not diabetic as my bloodwork has been normal so far.

Don't worry! I'm normally 54 kilos and I went up to 76 kilos with Sam! The doctors weren't concerned at all (even though I was!) I had a lot of water retention too. I dropped 10 kilos almost straight away and I'm back down to 60 now and dropping every day.........

You're well within the norm so don't panic........

I'm 5' 1" and went from 57 kilos to 70. Sounds like you're well within limits.

Crappy thing is I'm still 68 :(

You're all talking in kilos and it is all foreigh to me!! So far I have put on nearly a stone and a half and I feel that this is a lot :( but I am not really sure what is the norm!

I wish i'd have only put on a stone and a half. :|
I've put on 4 stone :cry:
I was classed as a stone underweight to begin with though so my midwife wasn't worried and just said that I needed to get to a healthy weight before I began to lay down normal fat during pregnancy.
I do hope my metablism picks back up afterwood like it did after my first pregnancy because i'm too lazy to go to the gym lol.
I put on this much weight before hun and lost it afterwoods because babies are so tiring so don't worry about it. :hug:

I hate the gym as well, it is soooo boring!!!

i wudnt worry i put on more than you and have lost it all on the scales... :cheer:

altho im a ttly different shape now :(

I've put on nearly 2 stone since 19 weeks :oops:

I tried telling the midwife exactly how much Id put on but she cut me off and said weight gain means absolutely nothing in pregnancy. It made me feel better actually :)

I last weighed myself at about 30 weeks and had put on nearly 3 stone. I haven't dared go near the scales since giving birth! I'm going to give myself a few weeks to recover before doing anything about it.

I haven't really gained anything with my :puke: so will be intrested to see what size i end up

ive put on just over a stone this time, last pregnancy i put on 3 stone!!!

Hi

As everyone else says i wouldnt worry about weight gain so much :hug:
Katrina

x-kirsty-x said:
she cut me off and said weight gain means absolutely nothing in pregnancy. It made me feel better actually :)

My midwife did the same.

Though when I told the GP he said...'well try not to put on any more then'

:roll:

My DH has put on 1/2 stone during my pregnancy.I keep telling him my belly will drematically reduce in a couple of weeks :rotfl: .

My DH has put on 1/2 stone during my pregnancy.I keep telling him my belly will drematically reduce in a couple of weeks .

Mine is the same. Sympathetic weight gain. Although he is even more cuddly now :lol:

I was a stone overweight to start with the mw weighed me at 9weeks but I haven't been near a scales since. :oops:

i put on 5 stone in pregnancy thank god its all gone now! i wish the stretch marks wuld go with it lol

I got weighed at the start of this pregnancy and was 8 stone, i haven't been near a set of scales but think all my added weight is baby, i don't look like i've put any weight on except for the bump :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back