Change my habits?

Claire

Reaction score
I am coming around to the end of my second trimester, and I am starting to be concerned about my weight gain. At my last doctor's appointment at 20 (22) weeks, I weighed 104.5 pounds, a total of 12.5 pounds weight gain since the start (and as far as I can tell, it's all in the belly).

My entire life, I have eaten what I want, when I want, and have continued to do so freely during my pregnancy. As well, I have never been very active, never exercise, never diet, and never gain extra weight, and I am 26 years old.

Some people say I'm lucky, but here is the problem. I am pregnant now, and know there will be weight to be lost after the pregnancy, but I am lacking the motivation and willpower to exercise and not always reach for chocolate or fry everything in yummy butter. I don't know how to live a "healthy" lifestyle that includes forcing myself to exercise and diet.

How am I supposed to completely change my lifestyle after all this time, or should I even bother when my body is already used to it and works well this way?

I am quite concerned about this.

Looking at your weight gain you are lucky. I am 20 weeks and have already gained 17lbs. :( I started off at 151 and am already 168. I am not a small person and have had to watch what I eat and exercise but I do know what it feels like to have no will power to do so. I know I will have to work hard after delivery but from the looks of it you won't have to work very hard, maybe just cut a couple calories a day and do some walking around a mall or something. Just my 2 cents.

I am the same as you, slim and been able to get away with eating what I want with very little exercise. You have put on very little weight though so I don't think you will need to worry about weight loss, more about skin and muscle tone, in particular around the shomach, I suggest you just try and do some sit ups each day after the baby is born, to help tighten your shomach muscles, just try 10 or 20 each morning when you get up or before you go to bed then its not a drastic change to your lifestyle.

I was 103lbs pre-preggo and am now 130lbs. I'm dealing with it quite well because I can't wait to start doing taebo again! I'm sure we'll drop the weight quite quickly, especially if you plan on breastfeeding as well. I'm trying not to worry so much because I've gained 27lbs so far which is still in the norm, and I only have 8 weeks to go. I actually started some light exercising in the middle of my second trimester and I always feel better afterwards. I'm sure you'll get your motivation. Mine is to fit into lowrise jeans again! :D

So much for that 12.5 lbs, my weight gain is now at 22 lbs! I gain about a pound a week. And the doctor actually says my baby will be small! :shock: I thought for sure I had a big baby in there.

I really miss my old clothes and can't wait to fit into all of them again (hopefully). If I ever get my hips to shrink back down to size, I'll be in my low rise jeans again, unless of course I have a jelly belly hanging over them!

I'm also worried about getting a puckered belly button with the wrinkly skin all around it. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping that doesn't happen!

I know exactly what you're talking about and I'm afraid of that as well! I'm only 20 years old and would like to have a nice body for a bit longer! I'm trying not to worry about the weight gain right now. I just keep in mind that I'm going to work really hard after she's born to get back into shape. I'm actually looking forward to it! Whatever happens, our darling babies will be well worth it! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back