Weddings With A Month Old Baby?

Betula

Reaction score
I am due to give birth anytime now, and today I got a wedding invitation for the 11th April. Is it possible to have a baby who is less than two months old at a wedding? We are planning to use attachment parenting methods, and am hoping to be able to keep her quiet with some discreet breastfeeding. Is it liable to be a disaster? Feel free to share any experiences :)

We took Tamzin to a wedding at 8 weeks old and she was an angel! She slept most of it apart from feeds and barely cried at all! My 3 year old was more of a handful!

I agree, young babies are easy and she'll probably sleep alot. And as long as she has breast when needed you'll be fine. Good luck with your birth, not long now! :D xx

hi slightly off topic but what are you going to wear? I am going to my brothers wedding in July which will be 3 weeks to 6 weeks after birth depending on if I go on time so to speak, and I have absolutely no idea what to wear really because I do not know what size or shape I will be. Canny imagine feeling comfortable in anything.

kathmac said:
hi slightly off topic but what are you going to wear? I am going to my brothers wedding in July which will be 3 weeks to 6 weeks after birth depending on if I go on time so to speak, and I have absolutely no idea what to wear really because I do not know what size or shape I will be. Canny imagine feeling comfortable in anything.

Fortunately I have a purple empire line dress that should fit me fine. It'll also be good for breastfeeding which is a bonus! Failing that I'll just see what I can find; maybe a wrap around skirt or something adjustable. But the purple dress should be fine.
To be honest I haven't really thought much about my shape post pregnancy, but I suppose I'll certainly be different from before as I was always skinny. I hope you manage to find something suitable! With a bit of luck shrinking back to normal doesn't take too long :)

Thanks for the replies! It turns out a couple of other people there will have really young babies which will be at the wedding and reception, so that makes me feel better. Now I just hope I have a well behaved baby!
It would also be nice if she would get a move on and come out soon!

We were at a wedding when Arianna was about 8wks old and I just made sure we sat near the back of the church at the end of an ailse so if she did start crying I could sneek out, but tbh she was an angel and never cried once and slept all the way through the service until the bagpipes started, and even then she was just intreiged as to the noise of them rather than moaning at them

It really depends on your babies personality when born, at 2 weeks old my baby would have slept through any event - now at 5 weeks he is suffering from dreadful reflux and cries most of the night and day unless held tightly. I would probably still go to a wedding but might end up standing outside for a few hours :D

we went to my future MIL's wedding when millie was nine weeks old. her cousins, my future BILs & SILs twins are the same age and they went too. tbh they all slept thru the ceremony! newborns do tend to sleep lots which is a bonus! we kept them in the car seats and just carried the carseats in. rocked them a bit while we were sat down lol x

other end of the scale a bit but i took zach to a funeral a couple of weeks ago, he was fine, slept through most of it, i think it was the hymns and stuff. was a catholic funeral though, all that standing and kneeling killed my arms holding him, haha!

We took James when he was a month old to a wedding. I was terrified he'd start screaming but he slept through the whole service and pretty much all of the reception too. It was a ceilidh as well so pretty loud! like someone else said, we sat at the back of the church so I could take him out quickly if I needed to but he was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back