Wedding ring allergy????

babyblonde

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
2,782
Reaction score
0
Hello ladies - random question....

I've got 18 carat gold wedding and engagement rings - the engagement ring has been on since 2003 and the wedding ring has been on a year now. Suddenly all the skin underneath them has gone really dry and is peeling off :puke:

Has anyone else experienced this and is there anything I can do about it? I'm not allergic to anything as far as I know!
 
hi hun.. you arnt allergic to the gold.. its just that some water has probably got under the ring and caused it to dry out.. i get it a lot.. if i wash up or do a bit more with my hands in water then i find a few days later i need to take my ring off for a few hrs and put some cream on xx
 
Mine gets a bit dry too hun, no idea why!

I would say its only a allergy if its spotty, patchy, sore etc.
 
Oh cool - I do take them off to wash my hands and moisturise (I work in a hospital) - perhaps I need a better moisturiser then!
 
Take the ring(s) off at least one night a week to allow your skin to breathe, and put on an intensive hand cream then.

As the others have said, it's not an allergy so don't worry - it's just where it's been rubbing a bit.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
473,579
Messages
4,654,655
Members
110,038
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back
Top