Wedding Photographer??

KellyHook

Reaction score
Hello :wave:

its only me :)

ive just had a quote from a photographer, he offers a full days coverage up to the 1st dance, with all photo's on a cd and a 40 page landscape photo album for £650?

is that expensive/cheap or average??

xxx

Sounds pretty good to me hun. We paid double that, but went for something more journalistic instead of traditional, xx

To be honest, par for the course. They're mega expensive so that sounds ok to me. Also don't forget that the photographer owns the copyright of the images so if he offers to give you a DVD with the images on it could save you money in the long run otherwise you'd have to go back to him if you want more prints.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

Oooo sounds like a bargain, my bridezilla just paid £1500 for a photographer :faint:

I think it sounds like a bargain. I've thought about being a wedding photographer and would charge more :blush: I also wouldn't give a cd with the images on.

Is it just the day or do they offer a chance for photos after the wedding to get some images of you and the groom? Are the images on the cd originals or are they all edited? How many times do you get to see a draft of the book before it's printed? Those are just a few things Id ask if I was looking.

ive looked at his work and for someone who hates having her photo taken, it actually makes me excited to have the photo's as every single one of his samples are amazing! which has definitely got to be a bonus right?

Thanks Mel, things i would never dream to ask! :) if i sent you his link would you be able to take a look to see his work to see if you think its any good?

Sounds like a bargain, our photos came to 3k in the end!!! Just be sure to check their work first tho!!
xxx

Yeah sure. I love having a nosey at other photographers!

Bargain, but only if he's a good photographer! Some 'professionals' I've seen with fees around £1000 are just terrible at their job.

I know I'mterribly fussy, but I wouldn't pay £20 for some.

That's pretty average.

I love my photos but regret not hiring a more experienced photographer, there were lots of family photos we ended up not getting which was a shame.

That's a bargain for wedding photography! Though as ISH says - only if he's good! Also I think it's important to "click" with your photographer. Have you met with him yet? And see his full portfolio? (He hasn't got a lot of images on his facebook site to properly judge.)

When I was due to get married (didn't happen) - I booked a photographer for £600, not because he was particularly good (in fact he was pretty much average), but because of the price. All I kept thinking of when I'd paid my deposit though, was of another photographer who's work I absolutely adored - and although he was expensive (double the price), the package was so much better. I still love his work lol, and if we ever do tie the knot, I'll definitely be going to Chris Chambers like I wanted!!!

I'd rip their hand off mine was 3x that last year :) x

Ours were a bit different, pm me if you want to have a look at our album online xx

That's very good value- esp if he's giving you a DVD with all the images on. Most charge extra for that.

As long as he's good that's a bargain.

We paid £1,100 for ours (but had a 90 photo fancy album, waste of money as looked at it once and it's now gathering dust!) and a extra £180 for a cd of the photos.

On tapatalk so can't see tickers :-(
Excuse the typos, phone has mind of its own.

I agree it's a bargain but definitely make sure you're happy with his quality etc.

I actually paid a bit less than that for mine, got over 1,700 photos (which had been edited slightly on some of them) on a cd as well as all my pics on a DVD with music in the background plus copyright signed over so I can print them myself and I had 2 photographers who were with us from 11am til 10pm. They covered everything from morning preparations right up to our first dance and a little past that. Fantastic bargain *but* I was massively disappointed with a lot of my photos. I'd asked for a certain style which he'd agreed he could do but I didn't get it. :( they were so basic that anyone could have shot them so I was mega gutted. If I could go back I would definitely have paid more and got someone different. Please please make sure you're happy with what he does. If you're happy then go for it. :) x

Tap Tap Tapatalking!

Forgot to add that we went with our photographer as he had done both my sisters weddings so we knew of him already. X

Tap Tap Tapatalking!

I'd say, realistically, it's probably still a bit expensive for the quality, but wedding prices have always been overinflated....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back