wedding hair

mum2A&L

Reaction score
wedding hair - how much should i expect to pay to have my hair put up in a loose side knot type style (can't find a pic at the moment?)

because the wedding isn't till 12 we would go to the hair dressers to have it done there... it there anything else i need to ask / bear in mind when it comes to wedding hair?

:think:

edit - i just noticed how bad my spelling was :oops: what is weddming hair!? :lol:

mine was free... my hairdresser was moving and said she would send the bill to me and I never got anything,plus her mobile number was changed so I couldnt even track her!

Most hairdressers charge about £30 for a 'hair up' I think but you go in a week or two before the day to decide what you are having done etc

Have you thought about asking a mobile hairdresser so that you aren't rushing about on the morning? x

Sarah - Bargain!! i doubt i will be that lucky ;) (i hope you are enjoying your 'holiday' with the inlaws btw)

jade - i hadn't thought of a mobile hairdresser. Where would be the best place to start looking for one? how would i know if they where any good? ive not had my hair cut since i was about 10 weeks pregnant - i think its about time i treated myself to a trip to the hair dressers anyway :wink:

Most hairdressers will provide a service where they come to your home on the morning of the wedding, either for free or a small fee depending how far away you live. They usually have packages too that include the trial, hair on the day and some beauty options if they provide them there. Personally I paid £200 for hair and make up with a trial in advance but I went for a designer as I'd saved on other things :oops: I looked at some hairdressers though and prices were about £50 for hair on the day and a trial before. :hug: xx

i am having a cut colour and highlight and style the week before and she is charging £50 and on the day me my mum and sis our having our hair done and that will cost £80 for the 3

I have no idea how much they would charge for that but my advice is - look for references!

I am a wedding photographer and saw a lot of bride's preparations including mobile hairdressers! And omg! What some brides pay for what they get is discusting! I have seen a fair bit of professional mobile hairdressers who are worse then I am! (on one occasion so called hairdresser put bride's hair in a ponytail, rolled it around the base and that was it. She charged the girl 50 pounds for that. She could easily done it herself).

So, def ask for refernces. Also a good hairresser should have a portfolio of the bridal hair she has done (basically a photoalbum with different styles). Also, don't let a hairdresser bully you into things. Some might refuse to do what you want simply cos they cant do it.

Good luck with finding a right one!
xxx

The hairdresser where i live she was quite reasonable she charge me £90 for my hair do
and 5 bridesmaides but she charged me £25 for a trial a few weeks before that which was not inc in the £90
She also come to my home free of charge and brought a young girl with her to help hand her clips etc.
Ask around at your local hairdresses if they do mobile some do it for special accasions especially weddings
even though they might not advertise it in the phone book still ask them.

It worked out about £30 or £40 for mine and i had all my hair high up into big bubbles she then attached
a hair extension and clipped it into the hair design when finshed it looked like it was my own.

I bought the hair extension myself which went into a side pony full of curls and layers etc
and hung down over on to my shoulder so it looked like i had hair like rupunzle < spelt that wrong
loads on the top and even a side pony even though i cheated :lol:

Sounds weird :lol: but was nice on the day . So yeah i think its just getting prices from different people
some charge dear and some are cheap :) Good luck hun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back