hair dressers

winnie89

Reaction score
hey guys, had a really good week last week went to my brother in laws wedding and on the night went to a charity party with the in laws and i won a free session at the hair dressers so went and had my head cut and i asked the lady who cut it whether i could dye my hair whilst being pregnant and she didnt know! does anyone know whether it's safe to dye my hair whilst only being 12 weeks gone or do i have to wait?

all ive seen points to yes tho the colour might go funny cos of hormones, try and avoid bleach or too much dye touching your scalp tho.

good cuz my roots look terrible! lol need doing badly! have to save a little to go an get it done!

Hi hun I just had mine done but we have been sticking to semi perm as the normal permanant isnt lasting so may as well go for the safer option of semi and keep it up more regularly x

i did mine a couple of weeks ago, roots were horrid. now im back to my pink n black glory!

yeah! well i've got like really mousy blond hair normally but decided on a dark brown so it looks like i'm grey! lmao

I don't really have any new info to add sorry, but will back up what everyone else has said.

I was told that after 12 weeks, it's usually safe to have your hair done but to avoid any colour from touching your scalp and that the hormones would affect its outcome (colour, intensity, duration).

After 12 I always said it's safer but prefered to use semi's or foils. Bleach is fine in highlights as doesn't even touch scalp! Hope this helps x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back