Weaning!

Babylicious

Reaction score
Ok so Harrison is almost 17 weeks now - I'm surprised we made it this far without weaning tbh.

Some questions - when did you wean? Was your baby showing signs of needing more? Did you introduce 2 meals a day or just one to start with? If one to start with when did you change to 2 then 3?

I started weaning Ja at 17 weeks and 2 days old, he was totally ready and showing lots of signs, watching us eat, putting things in his mouth, not being satisfied after bottles.

I gave him one meal a day to start with, at tea time, around 4pm. It was the best time of day as we normally have plenty of time and are relaxed etc.

This weekend I started giving him a bit of baby porridge for breakfast, at around 8am as well as his little meal at tea time. He's doing well so far and loves his food :lol:

Good luck with weaning!

I'm also concerned that he's not got great head control so that wouldn't help with feeding?!

connor's 17 weeks 4 days old. he loves watching us eat, sits up almost unsupported now, has great head control and feeds every 2 hours... i've been tempted to try solids a couple of times, but i'm sticking with milk for now cos he's getting all the nutrients he needs from me :) :)

I started weaning Oliver at 5 and a half months because he started waking up a lot in the night. And now I've realised he was waking up because he's going through a clingy phase, and he just wanted me, rather than because he was hungry. He was enjoying it though so I don't want to stop, so I just give him some finger foods to play with most evenings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back