weaning...

littlesmoosh

Reaction score
just wondering how you all went about weaning?
what did you give them? how much? how often. when did you increase amounts??

BLW all the way. Lol totally recommend it. No puréed and she feeds herself which means I get to eat my tea while it's hot. We started with fruit/veg - broccoli was easiest.

Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

We weaned early at 18 weeks so traditional weaning for us. For the first week it was 1 or 2 spoonfuls a time of baby rice and basic fruits and veg 3 times a day. The week after increased to 4 spoonfuls with a mixture of fruits etc then just gave him food til he was full. Introduced meat at 6 months cos otherwise it can damage the kidneys. Our dietician told us no gluten before 6 months as this increases the risk of ceoliac disease. He has some finger foods now like rusks as snacks in between meals. Once he gets to grips with it better I'll stop the purees slowly and go onto finger foods xxxxxxxx

We weaned at 21 weeks so are doing a mix of TW and BLW. Same as Babybrain really. The Annabel Karmel book has a good planner in it to help you in the first few weeks.

Am picking up his highchair today, been using his snug so far. Think I might attach an umbrella to it as a blob of baby rice just fell off the ceiling and landed on his head lmao

I started weaning on Saturday, keira wakes at 6am give her some rusk or baby porridge with juice between 8/9 n then normal bottles at 9/10 and 12/1 and around 3ish i give some pureed banana and juice. All going ok soo far x

We started at I think around 15/16/17 weeks. Can't remember exactly though!

Our routine was:

6am bottle and back to sleep
9am half a bottle and then a small amount of fruit purée such as apple or pear and then we finished off the rest of the bottle.

I then carried on with just milk and eventually worked onto including tea which was a veg purée such as carrot or sweet potato and I eventually added more flavours into her diet.

I always found I could never get the timing just right for breakfast so until she was a bit more patient I always gave a bit of formula first so as we didn't end up in a tantrum and her not enjoying meal time.

I then introduced her onto a proper breakfast after a few weeks such as porridge with fruit purée and when introducing new tastes at lunch and tea time I'd always mix it with a bit of baby rice mixed with formula so as there was a familiar taste mixed in.

I started off with finger food as soon as she could grasp and hold things and I think it definitely helped her skills to develop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back