How much milk when weaning?

ZMD

Reaction score
I've turned into the worlds worst worryier! how much milk is enough when weaning? Tegan is having 2 meals a day (lunch & tea) and will only drink 18oz of milk and that's a struggle! i try giving it before food But she refuses to drink it! Im really worried she's Not getting enough xx

Not at the weaning stage yet, but as you know, I have the same issues with getting Isla to eat and I spend my days worrying that she is not getting enough. She's still only taking around 20oz a day (way below the 'recommended' 30oz) and not gaining weight very well.

How is Tegan's weight gain doing now? If she's eating then that's great!

I think for 6m+ it's recommended they have 18-21oz's a day and 3 meals so it's sounds like she's getting enough! I was just about to say if your worried maybe introduce cheese and yogurts into her diet but I remember she can't have dairy can she? x.

Tegan now weighs 14lb 8oz so after a month of gaining lots of weight She then only gained 9oz In 18 days. the pediatrician still wants to keep a eye on her weight But isn't worried and thinks she's just going to be little, Tegans never been good with her milk But seems to be loving food,
Chaz no she's Not allowed any dairy until she's 1 then i've got to try reintroducing it xx

Donovan has had 18 oz today and even though for last week or so he has been having 3 meals as well as 20oz minimum of milk he wouldnt have his third meal today for some reason he refused it completely even though it was banana porridge and he LOVES banana porridge... god knows whats wrong with him today, hes losing interest in his milk more and more even though hes never had any weight problems, been firmly on the 50th centile since he was born! BUT he has started waking in the night for milk, but wont take anymore in the day, i just dont know what to do!

Tegan now weighs 14lb 8oz so after a month of gaining lots of weight She then only gained 9oz In 18 days. the pediatrician still wants to keep a eye on her weight But isn't worried and thinks she's just going to be little, Tegans never been good with her milk But seems to be loving food,
Chaz no she's Not allowed any dairy until she's 1 then i've got to try reintroducing it xx

That's great that she is loving her food! I really hope Isla follows Tegan in being a foody, not a milky! I keep telling myself that not all babies can be average or big - someones got to be little!

Keep tryin with the milk even if its 3oz here or there every so often like its a drink instead of juice when there thursty they will take whatever is in it!.
Add there baby milk in there breakie in the morning if your LO'S have say weetabix or something an whatever left over from the milk for there drink so say 6oz in the bottle say 4oz in there breakie an the rest to drink.
I also make sure around 3/4 LO to have a 6os bottle in the afternoon but i started it slowly with 3pz every so often to help get him back on to milk through teething was difficult he went off it but slowly regaining the taste again.
Then id give him a 6oz bottle at night time so its 3 bottles a day plus 3 meals a day :D even though hes not gettin enough milk like ive been told to but its gettin whatever i can get down him an im happy that i can get that much down him at all.
I also think it depends on if there tallish or guna be a bonnie baby. Id say just try few oz every few hours. Hope it helps x

Thanks ladies i just worry to much! she's just had morning bottle and only drunk 3oz! x

Yes, I think it's 18-21oz of milk when on 3 meals a day. If you are worried about her intake, you can get vitamin drops from your health visitor so she is getting all the vitamins she needs, but it sounds fine to me xxx

I'm coming back to this thread when I'm on laptop hun...but my little man who is 5 was exactly the same (I even had to syringe milk into him :oooo: )

so far today i've got 6oz into her i mashed some weetabix with her milk But she wouldn't eat it, i rung hv earlier who told me 'she won't grow without milk, she's already small' i ended up in tears! x

Aw hun, she's ok! Charley's only had 4oz's so far today! I'm not giving him any lunch so hopefully he'll take more milk at his next feed x x

:hug: I hate the pressure HV's put on mums :(

It's so hard to feed a a baby milk if it doesn't want it :(

:hug: I hate the pressure HV's put on mums :(

It's so hard to feed a a baby milk if it doesn't want it :(

She really doesn't want it she just screamed when i went to give her her bottle. i never realised weaning would cause this trouble! xx

so far today i've got 6oz into her i mashed some weetabix with her milk But she wouldn't eat it, i rung hv earlier who told me 'she won't grow without milk, she's already small' i ended up in tears! x

Another useful HV comment! They really don't realise how stressful it is to have a baby that refuses to eat/eats small amounts. I hope Tegan has a better day feeding tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back