• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weaning is already worrying me

MrsR

Reaction score
Not the actual practice but trying to get Seb to 6 months before weaning! He's already showing great interest in food, he sits at the table on a chair in his car seat when we're having meals. The last three nights OH's had him sat on his knee at the table as he was grumpy in his car seat and Seb was trying to grab at OH's food. He stares at the food and watches us eating with fascination. Is anyone else's baby like this? I'm going to try my hardest to get him to 6 months but I'm doubtful he'll make it!

colbi loves watching me eat, he grabs the food off my plate and trys to grab cups when im drinking. but saying that if u try put food to his mouth he wont take it but everything else non food is straight in the mouth lol. im holding off weaning till 6months because iv read up on it and with bella she took so well to food at 6months that i wouldnt want to start early. im sure ull beable to hold off weaning till you think hes ready x

Thanks hon x I'm absolutely desperate to wait until he's 6 months as I want to do blw x I'm glad it's not just Seb. I haven't tried him with any food as I'm scared to so young!

I wanted to wait until 6 months but Charleys such a poor sleeper I'm gonna start at 4 months! I gave him some mashed banana yesterday and he ate the whole lot but I'm gonna wait a little longer to give him it again. I'm so scared I'm gonna hurt him but so far he was fine with the banana and slept really well last night! I weaned Lacey early and she's fine, never ill or got any allergies but I know all babies are different!

i think its just that they wonder why we put things in our mouths and it disappears considering they put things in there mouths and it doesnt go anywhere. i see it that babies dont need food till there 6months so they wont get it till 6months lol, they cant miss something if they have never had it :) x

Awewww bless him! :) Think that's what i'm scared of, hurting him!!! I'm going to try to get to 4 months then 5 etc but if he's ready earlier then there's not much we can do x

H licks his lips and makes movements with his mouth when he sees us eat so i think he will want food soon!!!

That's exactly what seb does!!! x

i notice LO look at what im eating but i dont want him on me knee when trying to eat to be honest its hard with trying to eat with LO constantly needing my attention at the mo.
My mum weaned him early i was desperate to leave it until 5 an half months an until i was ready but LO seemed groggy and constantly mardy with no solids!! ( dont let parents take over) when i had ago at her bout weaning my baby she didnt care!! hes now on 3 solids a day an hes 7 months now but i think he was weaned at 3 an half months will i was going to put him on baby hungrier milk but with him being on solids it wud of made him really sick which i didnt want to happen an because he seemed happy on solids.
I hate the messy part when he trys to wack food out me hand an its happened once!! messsyyy lol. x

Chloe is already really interested she sits in her bumbo trying to grab the food interested in every mouthful and my DH gave her a bit of his gravy on the dummy the other day she ate it all and wanted more more more lol then slept the whole night - we just bought her loads of jars they say from 4 months on them but I really feel Chloe is ready now. I weaned bella at 3 months and zander wasn't interested till 6 months suppose they r all different. Also it won't hurt him as long as u stick to the 4 month ones it's just a guide line and the hv told me to wean bells at 3 months x

well herbie is weaning and he LOVES it I'm sooooooooooooooo happy with the terrible time I have had with dolly and food (only one I waited 6 months with) its such a great feeling to see him eat. He has only had baby rice and things going to start him fruit and veg next wk, all babies are different herbie is a hungry horis

Hey girls,

Sorry to butt in but why can't you wean till 6 months now? With my son it was 3 months but that was a long time ago and things have changed.

Many thanks for any info x

Hey girls,

Sorry to butt in but why can't you wean till 6 months now? With my son it was 3 months but that was a long time ago and things have changed.

Many thanks for any info x

Just health visitors being nosey and I'm sorry but they r not waking up 5x a night with a hungry baby lol! Just chatted to my mum and she said she is def ready so I tried her she ate ...... 1/3 of a pot of baby rice pudding and moaned when I put the rest away lol :rotfl:
5ac9a7a3-51ff-61a9.jpg

5ac9a7a3-521b-5933.jpg

5ac9a7a3-522e-73e1.jpg

That's what charley did evie! As soon as he finished he moaned for more lol
My mum said earlier both me and my bro were weaned at 3 months!! I might slowly start so give him something 1-2 x weekly until he's 4 months then start properly then at 6 months start proper solids!

I'm going to give her 1/3 a jar of an evening till 4 months then move on to lunch and dinner lol! But just stick with dinner for now lol!

Toby is interested in when we eat but is fairly easily distracted, and although that last week or so has been unsettled at night has been happy through the day.

To answer the why later question there is research along the lines of 6 months being better due to less risk of allergies as the gut is more mature so able to handle a change in diet better....

At one of the groups I go to a few babies have become unsettled further by the change in diet, and had disturbed sleep patterns at 6-7 months despite being weaned or not... Which is normal apparently...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They say it's because it can cause food allergies but the evidence isn't fantastic either way. We started Ross just before 4 months as he was struggling to keep his milk down. It has helped. The guidelines will be changed again by next year no doubt :roll:

Sorry I didn't see your post Rowesb. Apparently I was weaned at 9 weeks as I was very colicky as a baby, and extended for months and months. I also didn't sleep, ever, and that didn't change with weaning, in fact nor with medication until I was about 4!

I think there has to be sound reasons for weaning early, and colic and reflux that won't be treated seems sound enough... And was obviously a last resort so early...

As much as I hate my HV guidelines are put in by the Nhs for a reason, they cost to implement so they wouldn't be put in for nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iv noticed alot of people saying they started weaning at 4months as guidelines were different. As far as im aware 5years ago the guidelines were still the same as they are now, 6months. As thats why i left my daughter till 6 months. i no before that they was 4months but obviously there are strong enough reasons to wait till 6 months, no HV has ever said to me to wean early even with colbi dropping 2 centiles since birth, they are really against early weaning x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back