Weaning

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hi,

Just have a few questions about weaning. I have looked on different websites on the net however all during pregnancy and even now I use pregnancy forum for people advice and opinions :)

1) Antonio was 4 weeks premature so do you think I should be waiting an "extra" month to start weaning? Im worried his tummy wont be mature enough however my SIL's baby was 3 weeks early and she started weaning him at 3mths!!! :shock:

2) What age did you start to wean your baby?

3) Is it ture what they say?....if a baby is bottle fed formular start weaning them at 4 months and if a baby is breastfeeding start weaning them at 6 months?

4) I remember reading on here somewhere months ago that a baby shouldnt be having more than 40oz a day, is that true?

I personnaly want to wait until Antonio is 6 months even if he is formula fed just to be on the "safe" side however just recently he watches me eating and is so funny to watch as he does the mouth movements and everything! he still cant hold his toys for more than about 10 seconds so there are lots of things telling me he is definatly not ready for a long while yet and he cant sit up unsupported either and these are things ive read on the net that say babies should be doing all those things before starting to wean.

What is your opinion on all this?

T xx

Tiggy26 said:
Hi,

Just have a few questions about weaning. I have looked on different websites on the net however all during pregnancy and even now I use pregnancy forum for people advice and opinions :)

1) Antonio was 4 weeks premature so do you think I should be waiting an "extra" month to start weaning? Im worried his tummy wont be mature enough however my SIL's baby was 3 weeks early and she started weaning him at 3mths!!! :shock:
Not sure about this

2) What age did you start to wean your baby?
6 months because she just didn't show any signs of wanting to wean before that

3) Is it ture what they say?....if a baby is bottle fed formular start weaning them at 4 months and if a baby is breastfeeding start weaning them at 6 months?
My LO was formula-fed, but as I mentioned above, we started weaning at 6 months

4) I remember reading on here somewhere months ago that a baby shouldnt be having more than 40oz a day, is that true?
Probably because if they are downing such a large volume of milk, it might suggest that the baby is ready for solids

I personnaly want to wait until Antonio is 6 months even if he is formula fed just to be on the "safe" side however just recently he watches me eating and is so funny to watch as he does the mouth movements and everything! he still cant hold his toys for more than about 10 seconds so there are lots of things telling me he is definatly not ready for a long while yet and he cant sit up unsupported either and these are things ive read on the net that say babies should be doing all those things before starting to wean.

What is your opinion on all this?

T xx

1) Personally I would wait as she'll need that extra time for her digestive system to further develop ready to accomodate solids.

2) We introduced small amounts of puree to Isaac at 4months, and he decided he was ready at 5months, its more about when your Baby is ready really, you can introduce anytime you feel they might be, but personally I'd not do it before 4months unless with medical reason/advice.

3) I don't believe that's true to all LO's, no.

4) This link gives a good guideline but all babies are different, some eat more, some less, as long as they're healthy and happy. http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/formula/howmuchmilk/

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back