Weaning Books?

KJ

Reaction score
Hiya,

does anyone have any weaning books that they don't need anymore, that I could buy off them? Or can recommend?

I know of the Annabel Karmel recipe one, the Gina Ford one, are there any others?

Ash will be starting at 6 months so I guess I could also go with baby-led weaning.

K.xx

Hi KJ,

I'm using all mine at the moment for ideas and recipes but have loads so can recommend some! We are doing some mashy foods and some finger foods (BLW) and are now on 3 meals a day and puddings (fruit, natural yoghurt etc).

My advice would be to avoid the baby puree books - it just tells you how to skin tomatoes, puree mango, mash avocado and what purees can go together (after some deliberation, I've realised that anything goes together and if you've common sense you can work this out - I put anything together - avocado and blueberry, spinach, pea, leek, pear and sweet potato - you don't need a book for this) - so avoid
Truuuly Scrumptious Book of Organic Baby Purees: Delicious Home-cooked Food for Your Baby
and
Annabel Karmel's Top 100 Baby Purees: 100 Quick and Easy Meals for a Healthy and Happy Baby.

My absolute favourites are
Finger Food for Babies and Toddlers,
Jools Oliver's Minus Nine to One (there are lovely recipes in this as well as her pregnancy/motherhood story)
and
Annabel Karmel's New Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner.

While doing research for this reply on Amazon, I spotted some weaning books I've not seen before that look quite good:-
Organic Baby and Toddler Cookbook,
The Petit Appetit Cookbook: Easy, Organic Recipes to Nurture Your Baby and Toddler
and
Organic Baby and Toddler Cookbook: Easy Recipes for Natural Food
...they all look really good - they will be going on my Amazon wish list!

If you want to know a bit more about baby led weaning (BLW), have a read of a couple of my threads from a couple of months ago when I was at your stage - questions I had and my BLW diary.

I hope that's helpful for you KJ - let me know if you've got any questions.

Valentine Xxx

I didn't really bother with any books - I just got recipes online. I typed baby recipes into google and found loads. Other than that, I just tend to make Dylan 'normal' food now, and I don't cook anything with salt anyway x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back