Weaning babies- food ideas/ diaries

Yeah! They went down a treat, I didn't put tomatoes in them though.

T has had today:

Porridge

Snack - biscotti

Lunch - Omelette, 1/2 crumpet, petit filous

Dinner - broccoli and cheese muffins, some carrot batons, potato and broccoli floret.

Pear & pineapple chunks for dessert

Those muffins do look yummy !

Today:
Breakfast: weetabix
Snack: biscotti
Lunch: beans on toast and soya yoghurt
Snack: biscotti
Dinner: mince beef with steamed veggies (stew type effort) then a fruit pot

Today we have had:

Breakfast - handful of shredded wheats

Lunch / broccoli & cheese muffin, half a fruit pot

Dinner - fish pie with cheesy mash, rest of fruit pot, some fresh pineapple slithers

Breakfast: Porridge with papaya and apple
Lunch: Philly on toast fingers, spaghetti shapes. petit filous
Tea: Carrot, butternut squash and potato mashed with the rest of the Philly, small slice of spinach and goats cheese quiche, 1/2 rice pudding pouch

Snacks: rice cakes

Becky, quick question, I take it Harry is fine on whole milk ? We have been weaning since 17 weeks and am just thinking of things for when me move onto the next stage and was wondering if i had to use loads of formula milk on things like weetabix or whether to try whole milk. Thanks in advance x

I just use whole milk hun as Harry us breast fed.

He's had no problems with it and I use it in his cooking too x

Brill thanks. Ill give it a go in a few weeks when we start stage 2 x

Breakfast: Shredded wheat minis stuffed with raisins
Snack: Ella's cookie (apple)
Lunch: 1/2 pouch plus a HUGE pot of rice pudding which I added mango, papaya and raspberry to. Little greedy guts!!
Tea: Chicken stew, rice and peas (what we had mushed up), petit filous

Yesterday was

Brekkie - bowl of Ella's kitchen strawberry mango and banana porridge

Lunch - Lamb cous cous followed by Plum blueberry, banana and vanilla pudding then a rusk

Tea - Bean casserole followed by strawberry and banana pudding.

Going to get some custard powder today and start him on eggs.

Yesterday we had

Breakfast - weetabix
Lunch - cheese & broccoli muffin, cucumber sticks, boiled egg, some pineapple slithers
Dinner - pasta bolognaise and some vegetable sticks plus half an egg custard jar.

Today:
Breakfast: porridge with banana and pear mashed in
Snack: some kind of Ella's chewy oat and fruit bar thing
Lunch: the other half of the chicken pouch she didn't finish yesterday, some spinach and goats cheese quiche, petit filous
Snack: 1 biscotti and some bloody raspberry muffin that OH fed her when my back was turned!
Tea: 1/2 jar of cheesy pasta bake, some bread and butter pudding.

A bit of a lazy jar/pouch day today but we have been so so busy with house renovation stuff this week I am knackered! Have bought the broccoli to make the scones though! That's tomorrows job after I've assembled my Ikea wardrobe, wiped down the new cot and put the mattress and bedding in, sorted out the new nursery and been and got my mum a present for her 60th. When did I ever have time to go to work??!!!

Today:
Breakfast: porridge with banana and pear mashed in
Snack: some kind of Ella's chewy oat and fruit bar thing
Lunch: the other half of the chicken pouch she didn't finish yesterday, some spinach and goats cheese quiche, petit filous
Snack: 1 biscotti and some bloody raspberry muffin that OH fed her when my back was turned!
Tea: 1/2 jar of cheesy pasta bake, some bread and butter pudding.

A bit of a lazy jar/pouch day today but we have been so so busy with house renovation stuff this week I am knackered! Have bought the broccoli to make the scones though! That's tomorrows job after I've assembled my Ikea wardrobe, wiped down the new cot and put the mattress and bedding in, sorted out the new nursery and been and got my mum a present for her 60th. When did I ever have time to go to work??!!!

Yesterday was

1 weetabix
Lamb cous cous followed by jelly and custard
Spelt biscuits
Roast chicken, blueberry banana and vanilla pudding

Yesterday was

Brekkie: porridge with banana

Lunch: eggy bread
Yoghurt

Tea: homemade burger and chips
Pear custard dessert

This probably sounds really thick but are u mashing the meals up that your making before giving to LO? I can't see tickers so not sure how old your lo's are..

Abigail is 7 months today and she's still only having weetabix for breakfast and 1 jar through the day.. I'm frightened of giving her food as I think she will choke.. I've tried her with mash, mashed up carrots etc and she just spits them out.. I don't want her eating out of food jars all the time and I feel she's not getting enough nutrition..

All your menus sound good!x

I don't mush anything up as we're baby led weaning

Harry is 7 months next week. Tbh honest I think your LO should be on a little more than that by now

Have you thought about giving her some finger foods to try- then she's in control of how she eats it?

Pear in quarters are good as they mush up well on their gums (and even better if there's teeth involved!!)

I totally agree but I think she is just fussy and won't eat anything! She doesn't even finished off a full jar of food!

I've tried her on half a banana without mushing it and she just plays with it, doesn't really eat it.. I've tried chicken, carrot and swede, broccoli, mash, melon, peach.. Easy foods that I think she won't choke on..

When I look at all these meals I think how are all these babies eating all of that and mine won't even finish a full jar of food..x

How much milk is she having? My lo is 7 1/2 months and has just gone down to 15 oz a day. If they are too full on milk they won't want solids. I would perhaps get in touch with your HV for some weaning advice?
Today E had:
Breakfast: Wheaty flakes made up with milk, 1/2 a fromage frais and 1/2 mashed banana
Snack: Some Plum tomato crisp hoop things
Lunch: Finished jars from yesterday - cheesy pasta bake and bread and butter pudding
Snack: 1 rice cake
Tea: butternut squash, sweet potato and chilli (what we had) fork mashed with cheese, plus a piece of my garlic naan to chew on. Rice pudding which I added mango and papaya to.

Mrs Chope you didn't think I was having a go at you x

They do say you sometimes have have to give foods to babies lots of times before they'll actually eat something

When do you give her milk in relation to mealtimes? I try and make sure we have at least an hour in between so I know he's not starved when we eat solids but is hungry enough to try iykwim?

Today we had

Weetabix with milk for brekkie

Lunch - medium ish jacket spud with butter and cheese

Tea- should of been my lovely homemade fish fingers with veg- howeverhe hardly ate any cos his teeth were hurting (top ones just starting cutting today) so he had 2 cold yoghurts instead and some cucumber!!

She isn't hardly having any milk either. It's worrying me now which is why I've been watching this thread to see what kinda foods your LO's are having..

I would say she is having around 15oz on a good day.. This morning she had around 4oz at her first feed at 7am (she used to have 6-7oz) weetabix at 9am then no feed till 3pm.. Surely that isn't normal..

Ill ring the HV on Monday, she's also lactose intolerant so I have I watch what I'm giving her.. I've had no advice on that whatsoever off the HV.. Only off babybrain on here who kindly give me a list of foods I can and can't give..

Thanks for your advise..x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back