Weaning babies- food ideas/ diaries

Mrs Chope you didn't think I was having a go at you x

They do say you sometimes have have to give foods to babies lots of times before they'll actually eat something

When do you give her milk in relation to mealtimes? I try and make sure we have at least an hour in between so I know he's not starved when we eat solids but is hungry enough to try iykwim?

Today we had

Weetabix with milk for brekkie

Lunch - medium ish jacket spud with butter and cheese

Tea- should of been my lovely homemade fish fingers with veg- howeverhe hardly ate any cos his teeth were hurting (top ones just starting cutting today) so he had 2 cold yoghurts instead and some cucumber!!

Nooo not at all, I really appreciate the advice :) Hmm maybe I haven't given it to her enough then to let her get used to it? I do always give it an hour or two after her milk feed so she isn't full..

I don't think it helps that I panic about her choking which is why I originally asked if everyone is mushing these meals up coz I seriously can't imagine Abigail eating any of that lol..x

Ps sorry for spoiling this thread with all my questions..x

That's what it's here for! We don't mind questions. It doesn't seem like a lot of milk if she isn't eating much food either. But then my baby is a big chunky monkey so she eats loads!!

Hey don't worry that's what we're all here for!!

If you think she isn't having much milk either I'd definately get in contact with your HV. If I remember rightly babies around our LOs age are meant to have the equivalent of a pint a day (including say milk On Cereals etc)

Not sure what to advise on the worrying about choking but I'd definately keep trying. Maybe have a read up on BLW if only so it helps you understand about babies gag reflex and how they deal with big bits if food.

I'd definately stick with fruits like pear and mango cut into fingers- they're both sweet and mush up easily in their mouth xx

You can always pm me if you need any help xx

Lazy day for us again today.

Breakfast - muesli

Lunch 1/2 jar hipp organic cottage pie, biscotti

Snack - broccoli/cheese muffin (about 1/5 as the little madam threw it on the floor :wall2: ) plus another biscotti

Dinner rest of jar, finger of toast, half a banana and a petit filous

I have been a hobo today lol, wandering round aimlessly looking for things to do and people to see as my husband abandoned me again doing jobs.

Unless it's a rusk Albert won't have finger foods, they usually end up in his ear.

Yesterday was

Mango banana and strawberry porridge

Beef stew followed by apple crumble (pureed apple with a rusk crunched up on top)

Roast chicken followed by bananas and custard

Albert's on vitamin drops so I know he gets everything he needs, he can't have follow on milk and stuff

Thanks girls .. Ill just keep giving her more finger foods and try and get her used to eating them..

I really don't want a fussy baby but think I've already got one lol..x

Brekkie: Banana muffin with some strips of mango

Lunch: roast dinner ( we were out to celebrate mils birthday)
: Ella's kitchen oat crumble pouch

Tea: Philadelphia on toast
Yoghurt

Yesterday delights were:

Brekkie: weetabix with whole milk

Lunch: was meant to be butternut squash soup but he didn't seem interested so it was some cheese, tomatoes and rice cakes

Tea: salmon pieces, new potato, peppers and a pear yoghurt dessert thing!!

What kind of biscotti do you all give your LOs is a baby stuff???xx silly question maybe xxx

Lolly Heinz do them in a pack- they come in a few different flavours for babies xx

Brekkie: toast and jam

Lunch: butternut squash soup
Few bits of pasta

Tea: jacket potato with cheese and beans
Heinz pear yoghurt dessert

Breakfast - peach porridge

lunch - cauliflour with cheese sauce, stawberries

dinner - spag bol and peach and pear pudding

snacks - melon, biscotti

Come on ladies where's your diaries!!!!

Brekkie: banana muffin and some mango/pears

Lunch: cheesy omelette
Tomatoe quartered

Tea: stew and dumplings

Breakfast - cornflakes & hot milk
Snack - biscotti
Lunch - boiled egg & whole meal toast
Dinner - fish, mashed potatoes & cauliflower cheese.

breakfast - porridge

lunch, tomato soup, yogurt

dinner - chicken and sweetcorn pasta, fruit pot

T hasn't been eating much this week :( and pooping loads. I bet she's lost weight with this bug she's had.

Today:

Breakfast - banana and raising porridge

Lunch - a few carrot sticks, some swede and half a crumpet with Philadelphia plus half a fruit pot and a pear which she ate maybe 1/3 of.

Dinner - we had takeaway so she got some cod from phils fish without the batter and a chip on her tray. Plus some vegetable sticks. Though she didn't eat any and messed about with it. So I gave her 2 rice cakes and some carrot puffs and half a fruit pot.

Ps - when making stew Becky what do you use for stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back