weaning advice pleeease!

Hayley1608

Reaction score
Evening!

I have a couple of questions about weaning. I tried to speak to my hv but it didn't help much.

So my little Savannah was 16 weeks when we began weaning ( after hvs approval) she was having between 7 and 8 ounces of formula every 4 to 5 hours meaning she was having four feeds a day.

When we began weaning, about 3 weeks ago and we were just told to try her on a bit of baby rice or porridge and see how she goes. She loves her porridge at tea time and has near enough a whole baby serving as stated on the packet. She also has about 3 ounces of formula straight after her porridge.

When do you start introducing a second meal? And is it best to introduce lunch or breakfast first? Also do is need to continue with her usual eight ounce feeds with every meal Once additional meals are introduced?!

It may sound silly but its hard as a first time mum... Especially when the heath visitor just says follow your instincts!

Thank you for reading! Any advice would be appreciated

Hayley

:)

Hi Hayley,

I think I did lunch first, then about 3 weeks later introduced breakfast. I was told to do it quite fast because I didn't start weaning till a week before she was six months. I'd be inclined to introduce breakfast next as babies are generally happier in the morning and more interested in trying new things.
Still continue with her usual milk, Emily has 3 full meals a day now, I make up 7 or 8oz bottles but she usually takes about 5 or 6ozs from each. As far as I can tell they'll drop bottles on their own later. Milk is still their main source of nutrients, especially at your LO's age. I tend to leave about 45 mins between bottle or meal and give a bottle first in the morning before breakfast.

Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back