Weaning a refluxer

Can anyone help? Damien is coming up 7 months in a couple of weeks and it's time to move him up a stage on the jars. He has Hipp Organic 4month jars at the moment, but all the 7 month jars have tomato in it, something known to aggrevate reflux. Any ideas on other jarred foods short of making them myself ? He has 2 veg jars, 2 fruit pots and one powdered brekkie a day. xxx

Hey hunnie have you looked at the heinz organic i dont think they contain tomatoe but im not too sure? :think:

I didnt know that Sami...? Does Damien still throw up any solids? Aimee is a bit better but still brings her milk up and some solids. Im not sure whether I should take her back to dr? Its not straight after she feeds either It can be 2 hours later

I thought it was supposed to stop when they were on solids!

They said that to me, or he'd grow out of it when he could sit up and now they say he'll grow out of it when he is 12-18 months old :roll:

Flossy - those jars still contain tomato if you look at the ingredients. I think the only one which doesn't is pork and apple and he can't live off that :roll:

Duds - They don't really do anything when they reflux solids, although if she is on meds they may be able to change them? Damien was on Domperidome and Ranitidine, now the Ranitidine has been changed to Omeprazole.

Cor you're full of useful advice today aren't ya, going by the posts I've seen you're in a typical Vic mood :lol:

Have you tried him with tomato? he might be okay with it. Alex is no worse on tomatoey foods than any others, but anything with cheese in it and it's all over the place.

Sami said:
Cor you're full of useful advice today aren't ya, going by the posts I've seen you're in a typical Vic mood :lol:

whats a one of them? :think:

I gave him tomato pasta jar earlier, there is quite alot all over my carpet now but no more than normal I don't think. I'm just real weary of it. :|

Hiya have you tried the powdered foods? Do they contain actual tomatoes or just flavourings?

Can I just say that Omeprazole is a very good drug...well it was for me as an adult. I was on Omeprazole for reflux for 8 years (1-2 tablets taken each day) as I suffered very badly with heartburn and having had lots of tests done they found I was born without the valve that opens and closes to keep the acid in the stomach. I had a Nissen Fundoplication (SP?) in June 2002 where they did keyhole surgery (5 entry points) to twist my stomach to create a one way valve. It worked wonders!!!!
Not a single bout of heartburn since although the only drawbacks are not being able to throw up..can heave but not physically throw up which was a nightmare with morning sickness as dry heaving is very painful... and I cant burp only hiccupp!!!!!

Sorry I hijacked your thread a little but thought I would mention it.

No you didn't hijack it, thanks very much! So far it hasn't done anything for Damien and they wont consider surgery till he is way past the age that babies outgrow it or he starts to lose weight. Did it work straigth away for you? Damien has been on it since Monday.

Tried him with cheesy stuff tracy and he was having NONE of it lol! :lol:

cheese makes less mess on cream carpets though :wink:

Omeprazole took about a week to take full effect as it needs to neutralise the acid that causes the reflux.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back