We think we might have a name

Lewa

Reaction score
It's still not written in stone, or even on a piece of paper :p

But currently we like....drumroll....:

Lucas Emil

Lucas is Spanish, but the name also exists in Scandinavia, alternatively written with a K
Emil is quite scandinavian as well, but comes from Emilio I presume, so it's not completely strange for my husband. (For those who don't know I'm from Norway, he's from uruguay in south america - spanish speaking w/ italian heritage)

We quite like it! So we're "trying it out" for a couple of days to see.. it would be sooo great if we have actually found a name. We only have about 5 boy names in total that we both like, and most don't sound good together, so it got narrowed down quite a lot and this is basically what we're left with :p

What do you all think?

Last edited:
I like it. I always think Lucas is a nice masculine name and it goes nicely with Emil. Both names are easy to spell and say in English aswell so your LOs won't have problems while you live here.

I LOVE Lucas. We want to name a son Luc. x

I love the name Lucas, my OH isn't as keen, so it was ruled out... Am very jealous! Go for it you lucky thing x

:) Glad you all like it so far!

To my horror I've found out that Lucas/Lukas was number 1 on the top 10 list of baby names in Norway in 2010, and Emil was 2nd name on that list...

How is it possible??? We chose the two top names in the same order without even knowing it and without even living in the country! How?? why??

I wish it wasn't so popular there now.. in case we move back.. Don't want him to be one of 5 in his class with the same name.. But we really like the name!! argh.. annoying :(

and weird. Really, really weird.

I really love the name :love:

I think some names just stick in people's minds.

I always always wanted to use the name Eleanor or Elsie but then when i hit 20 and my early starter friends had babies they ALL called them names beginning with El-.

Then i decided i really liked the name Isla and i turn 25 and everyone is using the name Isla - it's crazy :)

With my 11 year old we decided on Chloe... A month later Sonia on eastenders gave birth and called her Chloe! Seems everyone then done the same... She has 3 other Chloe's in her class lol damn eastenders haha

I really really like Lucas. Our top boy's name is Luca as we have a friend with a little boy called Lucas. Go for it!

Lucas is not so wierd name. One of my friend is Lucas and he is so soft by nature. It means all people with name Lucas is soft by nature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back