waters?! how do you know (bit tmi)

lottielou

Reaction score
hey ladies. . .so im 39+3. . have been in quite a bit of pain for the last few days. and today when i stood up i basically had a massive wet patch. . even tho i had a pantyliner on. . now first thought i was a bit shocked. . however i have heard that waters usually go in a massive gush. . . this wasnt a massive gush. but definatly noticeable. . . now i still have pains but im sure its not contractions at all . . im so confused. any experience more than welcome. .

(im not getting my hopes up im too busy been ill ha)

xxxx

They don't always gush out I think they can start trickling out and come out bit by bit......no personal experience though cause mine where broke both times xx

Sounds promising for you though so good luck xx

Last edited:
They can trickle hun you may need to ring hospital or MW and get it confirmed. As once they go you are on a timer until delivery due to the infection risk to the baby if they have gone.

It isn't always a gush. With my first I felt them go but there was really that much, more of a trickle which I couldn't stop which is how i knew. Give your labour ward or day assessment a ring, they may want you to go in and be checked to see if it was your waters x

According to MW that's doing my antenatal classes, if they "gush" you'll know about it cos it'll go everywhere and soak everything. The other way your waters can go is if baby makes a hole with a foot/toe near the top and then the fluid can build up behind your cervix and just a little escape when baby moves around, so it might only be a tiny bit at a time but it'll keep going. She also said that it'll either be clear, yellowish or pinkish in colour and, as gross as this sounds, it'll smell sweeter than wee and enough so that you'll know the difference lol if you think your waters might be leaking, with or without contractions, you should call MW or mat unit, cos if there's a hole that stuff can get out it means stuff can get in too, so if you're not sure get checked to be sure!!
Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back