Waterproof mattress cover? Really?

i got one for £6 in wilkos silent night one wasnt needed but didnt wanna risk my new mattress.

Ill be getting one - our bed cost way too much to even risk it!! X

Wow that never occurred tome when I was pregnant, luckily I stood up when I went for my morning wee abd it trickled out, thought I'd wet myself lol xx

My waters are leaking as I type! They started to go at 2am & luckily they trickled for a few hours & when I got to the hospital they really gushed! If that had happened in bed I would've been stuffed!!!! Although I was given puppy training pad type pads at hospital they are not enough, the knicker ones are best although I have boots ones & they are rubbish!x

Good luck Rachel! Mine went in bed and it was like a dam had burst - new mattress required! Will be getting a full size waterproof sheet this time and some puppy training pads for the car/ chair as mine kept running for hours x

What about those Dry Nites bed pads. I know they're for kids but if the aim is to save your mattress I'm sure they'd do a good job. xxx

Wish I had done this! My waters went when I was laying on the bed and it was a massive gush. Something we totally forgot about until we came home with baby and had to change the sheets and flip the mattress lol

Good luck Rachel! Mine went in bed and it was like a dam had burst - new mattress required! Will be getting a full size waterproof sheet this time and some puppy training pads for the car/ chair as mine kept running for hours x

Good idea to put something in the car too hun! I think I used a nappy last time but my car has heated seats so I don't want to knacker the electrics so additional protection might be a good idea this time (if needed!) xxx

Puppy training pads, kids mattress protectors, full on waterproof fitted sheet to go under your main fitted sheet
theyd all work!
I wouldnt fancy scrubbing my mattress its like a sponge AND it cant be flipped lol

I bought a waterproof cover from a large supermarket in the bedding section. It cost about £13. It is a kind of thin terrycloth fabric with a waterproof coating on the back. It looks like a fitted sheet and goes under the sheet and you don't really feel it. My waters didn't go at night but I still have it on the bed lol. It has saved the mattress a few times from getting blood on it after the birth as well as LO having accidents and throwing up etc.

Last edited:
My mum told me to buy one as her waters when in bed with my brother and if she hadn't had one then the mattress would have been a write off. I just bought a cheapie from Tesco Direct, but kept putting off actually putting it on the bed as my last few weeks of pregnancy were during that big heat wave and I was feeling hot enough as it was. I ended up being booked for induction, so didn't need it in the end!

Hey girls,

I read yesterday that I should buy a waterproof cover for my mattress to protect it in case my waters break... Is that right? :eh: Did anyone get one?

I was hoping that just wearing panties at night with a pantyliner would suffice! I don't know where to get the cover, it probably will be very uncomfortable to sleep on and a waste of money. And also it feels so undignified! I can just imagine asking a shop assistant for a waterproof cover for an adult double bed - they'll probably think that my husband and I wee ourselves every night! :?

For more safety you could buy a waterproof mattress protector. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back