:( waterbirth

I live in middlesbrough.

I'll be going to James cook university hospital which is literally a stones throw from my house (so I don't really have the option to have the baby anywhere else either)

Ooh I stay at the premier inn near James cook at least once a month :) mmmmm carvery (sorry off topic)

It has to be pre pg bmi!!!!!! I know what I'll say if they ask me to get on scales.

I can understand them having a weight limit tbh, a water birth does add another element of risk. If you became unconscious or had a seizure etc it's the midwives that have to get you out and they aren't going to be messing around with an electric hoist. It will be sling underneath and pull!!
They have to be protected too x x

I live in middlesbrough.

I'll be going to James cook university hospital which is literally a stones throw from my house (so I don't really have the option to have the baby anywhere else either)

I'm Middlesbrough too and will be delivering at James cook for the 4 th time (if I make it there lol)

I haven't had a water birth myself but the bmi has never been said when I've ask about water births with my other pregnancies I go up from 10 1/2 stone to 15 wile pregnant so I'm sure my bmi would sky rocket too really hope they let you have one.

Ohhh and every time I've given birth I've been in high dependency not because I was but because low was full

im totally fine with them having a limit. at my weight it would be hard for them to pick me up if i fell or something lol. and that is the pre preg weight lol

I live in middlesbrough.

Ooh I stay at the premier inn near James cook at least once a month :) mmmmm carvery (sorry off topic)

It has to be pre pg bmi!!!!!! I know what I'll say if they ask me to get on scales.

I can understand them having a weight limit tbh, a water birth does add another element of risk. If you became unconscious or had a seizure etc it's the midwives that have to get you out and they aren't going to be messing around with an electric hoist. It will be sling underneath and pull!!
They have to be protected too x x

Oooh really sue? Do you come to boro as part of your work? Lol, I live 5 mins from there

I live in middlesbrough.

I'm Middlesbrough too and will be delivering at James cook for the 4 th time (if I make it there lol)

I haven't had a water birth myself but the bmi has never been said when I've ask about water births with my other pregnancies I go up from 10 1/2 stone to 15 wile pregnant so I'm sure my bmi would sky rocket too really hope they let you have one.

Ohhh and every time I've given birth I've been in high dependency not because I was but because low was full

Ooooooh I didn't know there was anyone from boro on here!! Exciting.

I live in Marton so there is no point in me going anywhere else really.

How do you find the care at the hospital then Lanny? I just had that your thing on Thursday and it seemed pretty good?

I'm ormesby so not far at all,
It's been totally different every time with my 1st i was there hours had a loverly mw that didn't leave me the whole time she was loverly stayed over her shift. I went to the ward after the birth around 4am and had twins opposite that screamed all night haha

2nd I haemorrhaged after the birth and two mw got in under control, but there was blood everywhere, my little boy came to see me the next morning and his face was a picture and he burst into tears as he was worried I had my little girl at 10pm left the next day at 1pm and the room hadn't been touched by anyone even the bath and bathroom floor was full of blood,

3rd I got to hospital 3mins before baby was born low dep was full so had to go in high haemorrhaged again but this time was really looked after, only prob was because I was in high you partner can't stay they get sent home after visiting as I was so weak and didn't dare move as I was bleeding so heavy I could of done with him staying, as if your in low they can stay if it's not busy and you don't have to go onto the ward,

In general have had 3 good births I've always stayed in at least 24 hours as it seems to take ages for doc's to do all there checks etc.

I went with my sister a few months ago she was having her first she was 3 cm but they wouldnt let her stay she was in loads of pain so we sat in the assessment unit for 3 hours in the end they give her a room,

I'm there Monday see if my low laying placenta has moved

So you've had a mixed bag then with yours Lanny? Its crap they left your sister in the assessment bit like that. The Marton suite looked nice enough, yet I don't know anyone who has actually given birth in one of those rooms lol. It's almost like they don't exist haha. It was weird on that tour, like there was no one in the hospital? I didn't see a single person or hear a baby cry or anything. Odd!

I'm not determined to have a waterbirth or anything, I'll just feel a bit gutted if it has been ruled out already.

Eee, so you live in Ormesby? Just up the road! Small world :)

Yeah just up the road :)
I've found it's ether really quite or really busy the times I've been.
The birthing pool looks great if I thought things weren't going to be as fast again this time I would think about using it.

Prob wouldn't let me like with my bleeding the last twice, it's weird how they work things out as I'm still low dependency as mw said haemorrhaging in other pregnancies isn't a medical emergency but then when I asked about a home birth they said noway. They have said there's drugs they can give me in labour to try and stop the bleeding but I only started getting pains 45 mins before baby was born last time so was too late for them to give me anything, so asked about being induced I wk before my due date so I was be at the hospital ready and they could give me the drugs to stop the haemorrhage and she said no they wouldnt I would just have to get myself to hospital as fast as I could.

So one min there all about safety the next they don't care lol

Hopefully with your pregnancy sounds like everything would be pretty straight forward.

Thing that changed too when i was there with my sister a couple of months ago there no afternoon visiting anymore only teatime so say you had the baby at 2am nobody could visit till think visiting was 6pm your o/h can from 9 till 9 or stay if there's rooms free

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back