Water birth?

PinkPunch

Reaction score
First of all, sorry if I'm totally bombarding the forum with posts but i had forgotten how much support this forum can be and I've missed it. It's nice to be able to ask people going through the same ups and downs. I'm really grateful, it's helped me alot lately.

I wanted a waterbirth at the hospital first time round but as my waters were pink and not clear, I wasn't allowed :( although I hadnt got my hopes up since they only have 1 birthing pool anyway.

So I'm wondering, can you still have a waterbirth if your waters have broke or do they need to be intact? And obviously I can use gas & air when in the pool? Because there's no way I can do it without that stuff!

Thanks xx

hey! im planning on a water birth, dont know about waters actually thats a good question, i was under the impression it didnt matter too much about waters whether they had broken or not, but at my hospital they dont let you get in it until youre 5cms dilated so by then do your waters break? i dont know.
and yeah youre alowed gas and air :) x

Im having a water birth at home and they said its fine as long as theres no complications in ur pregnancy, so maybe ur waters being a funny colour maybe not?

and you can have gas and air, im going to! lol

I had a water birth 9 weeks ago its was great and id do it again! when i got to hospital i was 5cms dilated and getting in the water was such great pain relief i only needed gas & air for the last 2 hours xx

That great ZMD! Had your waters broke by the time you got into the pool?

No they broke once i was in there and they let you stay in there once they break Hun. just don't drop the gas & air in the water like i kept doing lol! x

Haha once that mask is on my face it will be firmly stuck there until it's taken off me after birth lol

I dropped the tube thing in the water twice and it ruined it both times haha! the water helped with the pain so much. i stayed in there for a while afterwards i would defiantly have another water birth don't think id of Coped so well if not xx

I really hope I can have one this time but I can't count on it. Is a nightdress ok to wear in the pool? Although it would probably annoy me if it feels heavy, might just go nude.

I wasn't comfortable being naked so i got in with a nightdress on as soon as i got in it got wet heavy, stuck to me and made me feel cold! i took it off and just had a bra on! then once id had her the bra came of so i could try and breastfeed buy that point i wasn't bothered about being naked lol! xx

I don't think it would bother me since the most private bits are on display anyway lol. I bought a cheapo bra for labour so that might do.

I know my mum walked into the room and goes to me 'your bits are on show so why on earth have you got your bra on' lol looking back now it was a bit weird x

Haha trying to hold on to the dignity you had left!!

All worth it though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back