Water Birth?

Sassyminx

Reaction score
im not very good at tolerating pain if im totally honest, and past 2 pregnancies i had epidurals as was in quite a lot of pain, however, ive got a really bad back and i think the best thing for me would to be not have the epidural and try and manage pain by being as active as possible. Our hospital has a birthing pool and i quite fancy a water birth.... provided the SPD doesnt get too bad and i cant :shock:

anyone here had a water birth before, and if so what was it like?? i also read in my pregnancy mag that it helps the skin stretch thus reducing tearing, and seeing as i tore both times previous i fancy anything that will reduce the risk of it happening again

I too have no experience but I am planning on having a water birth as everything I have read about them has said how beneficial they are.

Whenever I have period pains or back ache I get into the bath and feel better so I am sure that this will help with the labour pains too!

I'm not going for a water birth, but I'd like to be in the bath for a substantial part of the first labour. I've read/heard so many stories about that speeding up the dilation because you are so much more relaxed.

Water is a great pain reliever so I have heard! Like gingerpig says, a hot bath can do wonders :D

well if my back hurts i tend to have a bath and it does relieve it, but lets face it labour hurts more than a bit of backache.... maybe ill try being in water but if it gets too much ill have another epidural and deliver on dry land :moon:

i think '*if* i have another baby..farrrr from now..lol.. id have a water birth...

it looks nice :dance:

just the idea of pooing in the water and your partner having to "fish" it out doesnt appeal at all

Lee looked horrified when i told him if i had a poo he would have to get it out of the water :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

LOL i thought that but when i was reading about it, it says the dad has to

Sassyminx said:
just the idea of pooing in the water and your partner having to "fish" it out doesnt appeal at all

Lee looked horrified when i told him if i had a poo he would have to get it out of the water :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

eeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :puke: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I can hear my hubby now - in the style of that old gay man in the Catherine Tate show

"HOW VERY DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Wait till I tell him!!!!!!

pmsl it is quite amusing really, but OH really doesnt look keen :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU