I'm getting my home and water birth! :D

moss

Reaction score
I FINALLY saw my midwife for the first time in 5 weeks yesterday, and it has been confirmed that I can have a water delivery, even! I knew I would be able to stay at home unless there was something very wrong, but I wasn't sure about whether the midwives would be allowed to oversee a full waterbirth- and they are! They go on-call for me next Tuesday, which is scary because I finish work next Wednesday. D:

I think I will go with the £30ish (with delivery) pool that Sherlock mentioned unless it turns out not to be deep enough. MY midwife was okay with me not having an "official" birthing pool. I just wish it didn't have clear sides! Haha... I'm going to sell every last piece of electronics if I must in order to finance it because I love the idea of being the first person to ever touch my baby.

Wow that's fab!

It's great you can get the birth you want, I was told no chance for a water birth so I'm rather envious!!! :)

Aww I'm sorry! I was terrified that was going to happen since it had been so long since I spoke to her and had no idea whether my baby was in the right position or anything (I had a guess but couldn't be sure). Then, she went to listen to the heartbeat and it took ages and I was preparing myself to be whisked away then and there but it finally came up.

Thats great news :cheer: I would love a water birth but don't feel I want a home birth for first and DH is adament he wants us in hospital 'just incase!' but there may be a chance my hospital has a birth pool by then Im keeping everything crossed!!

:cheer: That's fantastic news Moss!!! So pleased that things are turning out well for you :hug:

Wahey! That's the perky lift you need! :cheer:

Great news x

It is the kind of lift I needed, and if I can somehow raise the funds quickly, then I can definitely have a pool in time for the earliest they would allow it. If my waters break before next Tuesday it will be a hospital birth for me. I'm not thinking about that though. I'll still be in work!

moss said:
I FINALLY saw my midwife for the first time in 5 weeks yesterday, and it has been confirmed that I can have a water delivery, even! I knew I would be able to stay at home unless there was something very wrong, but I wasn't sure about whether the midwives would be allowed to oversee a full waterbirth- and they are! They go on-call for me next Tuesday, which is scary because I finish work next Wednesday. D:

I think I will go with the £30ish (with delivery) pool that Sherlock mentioned unless it turns out not to be deep enough. MY midwife was okay with me not having an "official" birthing pool. I just wish it didn't have clear sides! Haha... I'm going to sell every last piece of electronics if I must in order to finance it because I love the idea of being the first person to ever touch my baby.

fantastic! good luck with it all :hug:

Great news moss :cheer: So glad they are ok with everything - I bet midwives love attending home births as it is something different from the normal hospital birth :D

Am hoping to get a water birth too (but at the hospital) - unfortunately there is only one pool so there better not be anyone in there when I go into labour :D

Yay, great news! So pleased for you, I'll be keeping an eye out for your story. My home water birth was one of the best and most powerful moments of my life, so special.

moss said:
iI love the idea of being the first person to ever touch my baby.
I LOVED being the first person in the world to touch my baby. I felt her head as she was coming out (shoulders and body still inside) and then brought her up to the surface after the last contraction and held her in my arms.

Valentine Xxx

I'm the same as Mildly..... I want to have a water birth at the hospital but they only have two pools at my hospital so I'm hoping that at least one of them is free for me

great news for you :hug:

:cheer: :cheer:
wish i was allowed a home birth really hate hospitals :(

:cheer: :cheer:

I wish I could have a home birth but with her being breech atm it's not something we can plan towards.

Yay congrats :) So pleased for you.

Now about that pool....

Amazon or Ebay, around £14 is all Click here for it Also can get a cheapy pump to blow it up for £5 that does the job in 15 minutes.

If you are under 5ft 8 it should be fine for kneeling in also. If not then you may have to improvise a little and be prepared to squat in it or some such to deliver under water. Had I delivered in the pool its how I would have done it. Standing and then squatting. I found laying out meant I didn't push as well. But that may work for you.

Anyways, its cheap. Drop me a PM for info on where/what stuff we got for filling it etc. We did ours on a budget and mananged :) Plus you don't need to buy loads of stuff to for the hossie bag so you save in that department ;) Yes I packed one but it had the very basic stuff only.

Thanks! Sherlock, for some reason I have this bookmarked as the pool: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000 ... 42&seller= but I guess that was someone else. Yours is less, so yay! :D

Valentine, did you have to rotate the baby before you got her all of the way out? I know that midwives normally have to turn them slightly and apply special pressure in places before delivering the shoulders but I never thought of asking about this at my appointment. Is this something I will have to read up on or is it different in the water?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back