WASP STING!

flowergirl

Reaction score
Oh my god! Kathryn has been stung by a wasp! I put her down for a nap and she was settled and was drifting off when suddenly she started screaming. I went to her and she had a little dot of blood on her cheek- I thought she's scratched herself and it had hurt (which it normally doesn't seem to) so I got her up and she continued crying - this also was unusual- normally a cuddle quietens her immidiately.

I gave her her dodi to suck on and she carried on whimpering and crying so I gave her a massage- still at a loss as to why she was crying so much.

She calmed down during the massage but I held her a little longer. I went over to her pushchair- where she takes her naps - and there was a big wasp crawling on her blankets- it suddenly made sense- the spot of blood had no scratch with it- just a little pink spot.

Needless to say I was appalled- I hadn't heard the wasp or seen it- my poor baby! I killed the wasp in quite spectacular book-slamming style, gave her some calpol and let her sleep in her swingy chair rather than her pushchair.

Does anyone know if there is a version of piriton that is suitable for children under 6 years? I'm asking cos my nephew has a severe allergy to bee stings and it's the second exposure to an alergen that causes the reaction- I just want to have some around the house- just in case.

Update- She'd been stung twice! After I posted this I noticed that her hand had swolen up and was bright red. I called the doctor to get some advice but they were just closing for the day. The on-call doctor sent me to A&E with her. I felt a bit silly cos I knew she wasn't having an allergic reaction (by this time it was half 12 and she was stung at half 9!) but I was hoping to be prescribed some baby piriton stuff- but they don't stock it at the hospital pharmacy!?!

We were told to go to a chemist (already had and couldn't get anything for a baby as young as her, so I'm off to the doctors next week to make sure I get some baby strength stuff on prescription.

Poor thing has been really upset all day- gave her some more calpol and she's brightened up a bit

I gather from this post:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=92236
that there is a baby piriton. Maybe take her to the pharmacy and ask for advice. Remember that as a baby under the minor ailment scheme she can get antihistamine for free. :hug: :hug:

Thanks Kalia- will do. I'm at the HV this afternoon also so will check all is ok there too xxx

Yeh you can get baby piriton.

Also if it is a wasp sting put vinigar on it to kill the sting. I hope she is ok

:hug:

Arrr bless her.
Wasp stings are horrible.
I got stung a few mth ago and found it painful so god knows what it feels like to a baby
Glad she is ok now.

I would take her to the doc and get advice before you give her anything hun.

Aw, the poor thing. Hope your LO is better now.

Piriton syrup is suitable from 1 years and over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back