was i wrong ?

mum2A&L

Reaction score
after months of suffering, OH's nan passed away last week :cry:

It was the funeral yesterday, and we took alice with us. Bron (nan) would have wanted her there, and she was so well behaved. I didn't see anything 'wrong' with this. If she had been a bit older than i may have reconsidered it.

But, quite a few people mentioned yesterday that i was 'brave' for bringing her along with us. was i wrong taking her? im worried that OH's family & friends now think i am a 'bad mum'. i did what i thought was best. I recon it is just lack of sleep making me make a bigger deal of something that is quite stupid.

still, we brought her a red dress from tesco's and she looked really pretty (could i find a dress in early baby size! no!! so it was a little bit long on her!)

I dont think you were wrong to take her, she is to young to remember anything of it.
I think it is only wrong really when a child is old enough to remember it as it can cause some problems and upset for the child. But at the end of the day it is down to the parents and what they think is best.

I dont think you were wrong at the end of the day Alice is still young also and you will feel better with her being there its not like shes five and understands and like u said ur OHs nan would of wanted her there

No I can't see nothing wrong either. i would of done the same! At that age they are no trouble are they, she is far to young to remember anything and i'm sure didn't even make a noise.

kellie80 said:
No I can't see nothing wrong either. i would of done the same! At that age they are no trouble are they, she is far to young to remember anything and i'm sure didn't even make a noise.

well......... she let out a fart right at the beginning of the service :oops: but was an angel the rest of the time :)

thanks girls. i think im just being stupid but it helps to know others would have done the same thing. :hug:

Absolutely agree with all of the above! Your nan would have wanted her there as you say, and I think thats all there is to it, and though your baby will not remember it when she gorws up, she will know that she was at her great nans funeral and maybe feel a little bit closer her.

My best friend died of luekemia (sp?) when we were 13 and I fought tooth and nail to be able to go to the funeral as I hadnt been allowed to visit him in hopsital when he was really bad before he passed away - it was very upsetting at the time but im really glad I went and had my chance to say goodbye.

I think you're were right my sister brought her 3 week old baby to our mums funeral a few years ago she wasn't ready to leave her with someone as all the family were going to the funeral. Both my sisters have 3 children so all six of the grandchildren were there - my mum loved them all and they all loved her and it was there chance to say goodbye whethere they understood it or not. Personally I think whoever made that comment to you was a bit out of order you have to do whats best for you.

cheers girls.

smurf - if it had been 1 person i most prob would have ignored it, but it was a couple of people. thats why it was playing on my mind.

Ignore them hun, i think you did right, after all she doesn't know what is going on so is not gonna be scarred by it

Now if she was Jacks age, wouldn't know but waould cause a fuss then thats differant but at Alices age i don't think there is a right or wrong

Stuff them sweethaert thats what i say :hug:

If you think you did what was for the best then go with your gut hun.

Personally I would have done the same thing.

I wouldn't say you were wrong at all. Ryan is 7 and I'd take him, he's been to three funerals now, I think it's important at whatever age for them to be at funerals as well as weddings, they are both part of life. Don't feel bad.

hun i think u were rite if thats wot ur OH's nan would of wanted y not and its like alice was being naughty

:hug: :hug:

samrbtson said:
after months of suffering, OH's nan passed away last week :cry:

It was the funeral yesterday, and we took alice with us. Bron (nan) would have wanted her there, and she was so well behaved. I didn't see anything 'wrong' with this. If she had been a bit older than i may have reconsidered it.

But, quite a few people mentioned yesterday that i was 'brave' for bringing her along with us. was i wrong taking her? im worried that OH's family & friends now think i am a 'bad mum'. i did what i thought was best. I recon it is just lack of sleep making me make a bigger deal of something that is quite stupid.

still, we brought her a red dress from tesco's and she looked really pretty (could i find a dress in early baby size! no!! so it was a little bit long on her!)

fook em all sam. you did what you thought your nan would have wanted and that makes it alright :) :hug:

What were you meant to do? Leave you newborn at home with someone, no way!! She needs to be with her mummy now wherever that is!

U were not wrong at all hun, if i have had my 2 when my nanna passed away i would have taking them cos i knew she would have wanted them there.

U are not a bad mum at all :hug:

She looks lovely in that dress aswell :hug:

thanks all. its due to lack of sleep - reading your responses has brought tears to my eyes. i was really worried that people thought i was a bad mum cause i brought her with us, but not taking her was never an option.

Thanks sophie. we had her wrapped up in a blanket bron had made months before she died. it was a beautiful service, bron wouldn't have changed a thing. Hopefuly now we can enjoy xmas, and i can stop feeling so guilty for being so happy about Alice arriving safeand sound.

thanks again! :hug: :hug:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back