Warning!

Manda

Reaction score
I've had the worst evening since Abi was born, she fell of the sofa onto a tiled floor head first, i've spent the evening at the hospital and luckily she's ok i have to wake her every 4 hours to make sure she is ok.

This is a warning to anyone that lets their baby sleep on the sofa, Abi was asleep lying in a V cushion with 2 cushions underneath it on the outerside and 2 big cushions on the floor, i left the living room are to make myself a sandwich - living room dining room and kitchen are open plan so didn't exactly leave her on her own, my back was turned seconds then i heard a thud then a cry Abi was face down on the tiles, she's completely missed the cushions, i dreded picking her up i thought there would be blood everywhere, she didn't cry for too long unlike me who also felt and still feels sick, she had a bump and red mark on her forehead so we took her to hospital to be checked. I thought Abi was safe and would not fall off as she was tucked in so well i still don't know how it happened but if it can happen to us it can happen to any of you, i will never leave her on the sofa again not even for a second.

Hope my experience will stop any more accidents

Manda x

OMG you poor thing! I know how scary that happening is and i feel for you. Try not to feel too guilty it happens to a lot of us. Take care x x x

you poor thing hun it happened to Dior many times i used to prop cushions next to her but some how she would still fall and then for the next few weeks i wouldnt put her on the sofa for fear she would falll, then ild get a bit lazy and forget and start letting her nap on the sofa then she would fall again, its horrible when LO hurts themselves makes me feel sick...

poor lil thing...

give lil Abi a love from us all

You poor thing hun I would have been worried sick! I invested in a travel cot/playpen and put Damo in that to sleep - no escaping then!

Hope she is okie xx

You poor thing. I had to post today cos my LO wriggled out the tke along swing she has while it was swinging and I wasn't in the room. :( Still worrying now. Hope your LO is OK and you are feeling a bit more relaxed (as can be that is - I'm not) xxxxx

Im actually dreading that time as Ruby loves to fall asleep on the sofa, at the moment its not to bad as one of us is usually always in there when she is, but as you say theres just that one time when your back is turned, ugh I try not to think about it but I know it will happen.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Abi is fine today thank god, would never have forgiven myself if anything had happened, Abi had her nap in her chair today :), i'm still feeling guilty but feel a bit better that it's happened to others i think it was worse cos she fell straight onto tiles and the noise it made was horrendous - oh well i learnt by my mistake and Abi is pretty proud that she can now sit herself up the liitle madam lol.

I felt so bad at the hospital about what they'd think of me, and to make it worse i had to get Dan out from work so he was in Police uniform lol bet people thought i was nicked lol

Manda hun i had social services knock my door once!!!! how bad did u think i felt??

my now 4yr old brother, was just over 2yrs old and i ran a bath filled it half way with just boiling hot water, then when i was ready to jump in i was going to fill the rest with cold.

well Tyler my lil brother jumped in it. the screams were unbelievable and worse of all i was down stairs i ran up he was standing there fully dressed

i puled him out pealed his clothes of he was all burnt he went in to shock went to the hospital they said if he hadnt had his traineers on would have been more serious, few days later social services came round to do a check up.

i wasnt angery i suppose there just doing there job...

OMG that must have been awful, it's annoying that they don't do what they need to where kids need the help but it's good they did check x

i know how it feels, my son, when he was about 8 months my mum was watchin him, she had a gas fire in the back room (one of them portable ones) it had been switched off well over an hour but was still warm, anyway my mum said kai was sat playin then all off a sudden he just dived an grabbed hold of the bars on the fire, :cry: i took him to hospital cos i was worried as his hand was all blistered, they were fine checked him over an sent me away to come back in 2 days, so i did an once again fine sent me away told me to come back again 2 days later, an i did another nurse seen to him an got a doctor over to check him, right infront of me they stripped him an checked every inche of his body i was so upset, they also rang my hv who told them she wouldnt be takin it further as she knew he was fine! i was mortified.
xx

Only just read this Manda, Hope your ok... you poor thing sounds awful. Dont beat yourself up over it though. Apprantly it happens to all of us at some point.
I suppose its the only way we learn.

Glad shes ok.

x

Sorry to hear about your little girl hun but so pleased it didn't do any damage! My son has fallen off to sofa before, luckily it didn't hurt him he was just shocked and it made me start putting him in his pushchair to sleep! It's awful seeing them on the floor like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back