• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Warning!! moan about midwives.

Flame

Reaction score
Well it appears you cant have any problems with your pregnancy at the weekend cause noone is working or interested.

This morning at about 9 o clock i started getting really bad cramps, if i wasnt in bed at the time i would have been on the floor in agony, they keep coming and going but they are really horrible, i started to think it was something to do with my constipation cause it seemed to work its way in to my back end, a while later i tried to go to the toilet but it took me another hour of sitting on the toilet to get anything out, (sorry tmi) I suspect it is this because i have had similar pains before when i havent been pregnant but you never can be to sure, so to be on the safe side i called the early pregnancy unit which i found out is closed at the weekend so the operator put me through to a midwife on the labour unit and she said well we only deal with people over 20 weeks pregnant and that i should contact my midwife, when i told her i dont have a number for her she said well then you should try and take something to make me go to the toilet, i asked her what i could take and her reply was "lots of liquid and fresh fruit and veg" but i have tried this before and it doesnt work for me. So i tried the sure start number i have for the midwives and they are closed to. I have tried calling my friend who is pregnant and works on wards in the epau as an auxillary nurse to see if she can give me any advice but i cant get hold of her either.

I just want to know that my bubba is ok and i havent squashed the life out of it or that it isnt me miscarrying.

Sorry for ranting again, i'm sure your all getting fed up with it :(

Oh babes :hug: :hug: Sorry you haven't been able to find help....unfortunately I can't be much help either - sorry!!

If you get further worries call NHS Direct on 0845 46 47 - they may put you through to a doctor who can help a bit further........at least if there is no bleeding that is a good sign! Have you tried paracetamol just to help a bit with the pain?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry your feeling so bad, i too was sick of people saying fruit and veg, it did nothing to help me either. My sister in law took fibre gel from her doctor when she was pregnant but im not sure if you need to check with the doctor before hand. However, i found the one thing that did help was drinking a load of water (or squash if you dont like water).

Claire :hug:

i would phone nhs 24, they will maybe refer you x

my referral route is the docs under 20 weeks so if you are still in pain contact the docs or NHS direct like suggested

Hi Flame,

I'm sorry I don't have any practical advice for you - I just wanted to reiterate that you should call NHS Direct or NHS 24 (depending whereabouts in the country you are - google for the phone number) and they will be able to advise you. If you are super worried, just get down to A&E - if you are pregnant, you can't be too careful and they will give you a throuough check over.

I am sure you are just constipated though and things will be fine. Please let us know how you are tomorrow (Sunday) - I'm thinking of you.

Valentine xxx

i think that is shocking!!!! :x
im sorry to hear of your experience hunny - but there attitude seems so blazé :x

Awww hun, I know how frustrating it is when it seems theres no-one willing to help you! When I was bleeding and couldnt get hold of anyone I rang NHS Direct. They didnt refer me to see anyone straight away, just advised me to make an appointment with my doctor the next day. Its a good job it wasnt anything serious cos they certainly werent in a hurry to help!

I hope you're alright, let us know how you got on :hug:

Well (why do i always seem to start these things with well?! :? ) i did what i needed to do this morning eventually (if you know what i mean) and my stomach has been fine since then, i think i had a bad stomach on top of the constipation and it caused the evil nasty pain.

I am still a little worried about whether it has affected the baby but i am not bleeding so i am taking that as a good thing.

Thanks for guys :hug:

Im so glad things are fine (and you werent ranting, I get worried about every ache and pain too :oops: )

:hug:

x-kirsty-x said:
Im so glad things are fine (and you werent ranting, I get worried about every ache and pain too :oops: )

:hug:

Don't we all!

Glad you went though! :D

Sorry I missed this yesterday hun - glad you're now 'relieved of your burdens'.

There is something you can get over the counter that you can take for constipation which is safe during pregnancy but I can't remember what it's called, but you could find out from your pharmacist in case it happens again. Constipation pains can be sooo painful - I've thought I've had appendicitis before as it's been so painful (but then I am a massive wuss!!)

Glad your better now though

LBxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back