Wanting a baby on my own

DreamingOfYou

Reaction score
Hiya, I have just joined PregnancyForum and I am looking for some advice.

I am 28 years old and single. I have no interest in being in a relationship but I desperately want a baby. I have come to the decision that I would like a baby using donated sperm. To start the ball rolling, I went to the doctors last Wednesday. My doctor is going to look into what options will be available for me and will ring me before February 13th. I'm pretty sure that I will not be entitled to any NHS treatment. I also have PCOS and have not had a period for months. If I was ovulating "normally" I would do at home insemintation.

Is there anybody else wanting or trying for a baby on their own?

Hi and welcome to PF :wave:

I'm not in the same situation as you but just wanted to wish you luck. There's definitely some people on here that can give you some good advice :) xx

Hi hun

Firstly, good luck.

Are you on any medication for PCOS? I was having periods but I'm sure I wasn't ovulating. I'm now on metformin (prescribed), chromium (for PCOS generally), royal jelly and CoQ10 (both for egg quality). As you can see, my IVF results looked ideal and they've not idea why it didn't work (lots of PCOS ladies get 30+ eggs that are immature or of poor quality). I never used to have any cm before taking chromium but now I have loads of EWCM so I'd definitely recommend this. Myo-inositol is good too - a natural alternative to metformin. This might save you money and mean you can do it at home. :) xx

Hiya,
Welcome! There are lots of us here with pcos, so if you want any advice relating to that just ask :)

With regards to using sperm donors you may want to check out a forum called fertility friends. They have a whole board dedicated to single ladies and listing their experiences.

There was also a thread on here a couple of months ago where a lady had listed a link to a sperm donation website, it might pop up if you do a search.

Good luck :)

I was only diagnosed in September with PCOS. I was prescribed the pill, which I took for 2 months as I wasn't sure if I wanted to have a baby on my own or not. I stopped taking the pill December 10th, "period" came December 15th and nothing since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back