Want a Boy

leslie

Reaction score
Hi all,

New here...wanting tips on trying for a boy.

Have looked into things a little and thought it would be good to get a bit of 'real' advice.

I've heard it was best to try 12 hours before ovulation and then heard it was best on ovulation. Does it make much difference.

Do you gals think the whole diet thing works?

I have a 32 day cycle and have a temp rise around day 21. Does that mean ovulation for me is around day 17 or 18.

Would love your advice.

All I've heard is that if you bd on the day of ov you're more likely to have a girl and if you eat less around conception you're more likely to have a girl! I don't know how true these two are....I'd be happy with either :)

To be honest i dont think you can do anything about the sex of your baby, what will be will be hun! :D

not sure but if read somthing about drinking coke or diet coke and eating ceral like cornflakes etc every day and salty foods for a boy, not sure if it makes much difference though, i read in a newsaper about a study taht was done and they found that the people who ate ceaeral everyday were more likely to conceive a boy than the ones that didnt.

Still think its 50/50 either way though dempends mainly on the mans tadpoles lol

There is some fertility expert that states:

That the girl sperms are stronger and last longer than the boy sperms, but they do not swim as fast.

So based on this theory if you BD before ovulation (up until day before ovulation), you are more likely to concieve a girl.

However BD'ing on the day of ovulation is more likely to produce a boy.

There is loads of stuff on the internet about it!!

Whether it is right or not - who knows!!!

Elliebelle has it spot on.

Because the male sperm are quicker and lighter they may reach the egg quicker than female sperms so the experts reckon you should BD as close to ov as possible to increase your chances of a boy.

For a girl, I've read you should BD but stop 2/3 days before OV to give the heavier, slower female sperm a chance to get to the sperm. The male sperm are likely to die off in that time.

However, I don't think any of this can be 100%. The male largely determines the gender of the baby but the environment of the womb also plays a part in gender too.

Most of us on here BD like mad right up to ovulation and it seems to be a reasonably even split to girls and boys.

The latest research said women are more likely to have boys if they eat breakfast cereals daily and bananas!

Good luck :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back