Walking on tip-toes

OopsyDaisy

Reaction score
Hiya. My LO keeps walking in her walker on tip-toes, and when we hold her to stand up, she also stands on her toes. Is this normal? Do they learn to walk normally after a while, or should I be encouraging her to stand/walk with her whole foot on the ground?

Apparently its normal, so I was told - my LO does this too - I think its really cute! I say to everyone she'll be a ballerina! However apparently every baby does it as they learn to walk supported.

Valentine Xxx

Willow did this for ages but as she got older and was able to support herself better her feet went flat and now she walks completly normal. i was getting worried but everything turned out fine.

Leif still walks on his tip toes and he has been walking for months now.

both my daughter did this the older one still does now and again due to having very short tendons but the younger one is now flat on her feet i wouldnt worry they stop when they feel comfy

valentine said:
Apparently its normal, so I was told - my LO does this too - I think its really cute! I say to everyone she'll be a ballerina! However apparently every baby does it as they learn to walk supported.

Valentine Xxx

I think it's cute too, I say she's in training to wear high heels. But I was getting some comments from the elders, so I wasn't sure whether I should've been doing something about it, but am now reassured to let her learn herself.

Thanks all.

I agree I think its normal and usually grow out of it, but just keep your eye on it to ensure that your LO does eventually walk on the sole of the foot.

My niece had to have some special shoes made to try and encourge her to walk on the sole rather than tip-toes because she didnt grow out of it. These didnt work so she had to wear splints. Everything ok now but do try and encourage walking on the foot as much as possible.

Amelia did this when she started walking & the health visitor said it was from being in the baby walker & onlty to put her in it for short times & encourage her to walk flat. She's fine now tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back