Not walking yet?

twinkle84

Reaction score
LO is 14 months yday and still not walking on his own! I'm not worried because he gets all around furniture and walks really steady holding on to something even the tip of my finger! He stands unsupported too! But a friend said the other day he walks with one of his feet turned out! I'd not noticed (feel terrible) but when I've looked it's only slightly turned out! Should I be worried? Thanks x

When my lo was first learning to walk and using her walker to push around I notices her right foot turned out and dragged on the floor! I just left her to it and didn't get her shoes for a while to let her feet do what they wanted and now she's walking fine and her feet are perfectly straight.

Just keep an eye on it but I'd say it's perfectly normal. I guess they're so concerned with learning to walk they're not concerned with what their feet are doing lol. :)

I know babies that haven't walked till 18months or more they will do it in Their own time try not to worry. if he is standing and walking along furniture you probably won't be waiting much longer was a couple of months of doing that before Ewan took steps on his own. Talk to your health visitor if concerned. x

I was 2 an a half when i first walked lol I ended up a pro dancer so don't worry x

Lizzie still isn't walking either, and has been walking holding on to things since about 9 months! I remember my childminder saying at 10 months 'oh I reckon she'll be walking soon, any day now'...and she said the exact same thing the other day lol! She literally just places her hand against something when she's walking, so doesn't even need the support - she's just to scared to let go :lol:
I have also noticed Lizzie walks on tip toes a lot of the time and only walks with flat feet if she has shoes on!

Dont worry too much, my friend lo was almost 18 months before walking..every baby is different! He will get there in his own time xxxxx

Lacey didn't walk until 15 months and charley's 15 month's now and still only takes afew steps.
I wouldn't worry Hun xx

Aw thanks hun! All reassuring to know! I guess I'm used to the "my baby walked at 9 months etc" Becky that's so true Aiden exactly same! Been flying around since 11onths and everyone saying any day now haha!! Thanks Augustmum nice to know others are the same! Mrsmc that is sooo funny ha way to go you! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back