Walking holidays with baby under 1 year?

KJ

Reaction score
Hi all,

we've just bought one of those baby carrier backpacks and Ash loves it! It's really comfortable aswell.

So I've been starting to think about maybe going on a walking holiday with him. I used to do a lot of hiking and love being outdoors and seeing the fantastic views.

Although all the ones I can find are pretty hard going. And with a baby we'd need something quite tame to start with.

Has anyone got any recommendations?

K.xx

i can't remember who we did it with, but we cycled the c2c a few years ago with a company like this one - http://www.coasttocoast-holidays.co.uk/ - they can arrange walking holidays too though. it was fab cos we didn't have to worry about carrying our stuff for the week, it was just waiting for us at the hotels each night :)

We go walking all the time and have 3 kids now! Stepson (7) will walk up to 10 miles in a day which is fab and he loves it, he has all the gear and a bird book, compass, rucksack etc which we find makes it fun for him too.

For DD (2) she goes in a hauck rucksack, theres a pic below of her in it at various ages, she is a bit bigger now :rotfl: but still fits in it. Its fab, it is very very confy and at 2 she still fits and isnt too heavy, all the weight is on your hips (like the army bergens) and not on your back so you dont feel them too much.

We will be getting another one for DS (7 weeks) and he will be going off walking too.

It is still possible to go for long walks whatever the age of your kids and we really enjoy it, plus we get a super lie in the next day after all the fresh air the kids have had.

Heres another pic of us in Wales, that was a lovely walk to the highest pass in the UK. I couldnt resist such a good view whilst feeding Isla.

We also have a phil and teds buggy which is fab for the two kids and goes off road easily.

We just book a cheap holiday with Haven and then use that as a base to go walking, some of their parks are situated in gorgeous walking country. We always pack lots of water, raisins and snacks for the kids and loads of sunscreen. Stepson takes his orienteering bits to make it fun and he learns on the way.

Sorry i got a bit pic happy.....

Phonepictures010.jpg

16weekspregnanywithno2014.jpg

holiday069.jpg

holiday072.jpg

holiday068.jpg

holiday070.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics