The Sun's £9.50 Holidays - Do I have to pay for a baby less than 1 year old

pandy

Reaction score
I have been collecting the sun holiday vouchers as me, my partner, my sister, and her partner, wanted to have a little holiday with ours and their baby, in october.

The thing is my son is only 7 weeks old and will be be 10 months at the time. My sisters baby is not born yet, but would be around 4 months old at the time (according to her due date).

We were filling in the form today, and wondered...
Do we pay the £9.50 for both the babies or are they free?

Thanks

Ooo good question! I'm doing the sun holiday and hadn't thought about that! Perhaps bumping this up someone else will help.

There's only 3 of us including Tegan so had to pay £38 anyway so can't help sorry. we got ours back yesterday and got Our 4th choice Not the best place But it'll be a nice break away! first time i've done it x

I'll give them a ring tomorrow before I post it :) Thanks anyway

I'll update on here and let you know if babies have to be paid for

I can confirm that babies do have to be paid for, even if the park states "Under 5s Free"

Rip offs! They don't even have a bed! I just read up on cots, you can hire a cot off them (think its a travel cot?) for £7 for short stays (thats the for the park i'm looking into) but i have one anyway but as theres no room in the bedrooms the baby has to go in the living room in his cot..unless of course you have the baby in bed with you but i dont want to start doing that!

Rip offs! They don't even have a bed! I just read up on cots, you can hire a cot off them (think its a travel cot?) for £7 for short stays (thats the for the park i'm looking into) but i have one anyway but as theres no room in the bedrooms the baby has to go in the living room in his cot..unless of course you have the baby in bed with you but i dont want to start doing that!

I agree. We want to go to Pontins, and they provide one cot for no charge. But I don't think we should have to pay for a baby under 1 year old, because they don't even know what a holiday is, they can't have fun, they're just a baby, so why should we have to pay for a baby to stay in an apartment we was going to stay in anyway

ZMD- when did you post yours? i posted mine the day after the 10th token came out and havent had anything back yet :( want it before i move lol x

I also posted it the day after the 10th token came out! Im just hoping the park were going to will be ok xx

Last year I received a reply months after I sent the form

I think you get confirmation 2 weeks after the closing date which is the 11th I think.

I actually have no idea where I got that from lol Sorry!

I got this from the sun website -

If booking online, you will receive on-screen confirmation of your booking, which will also be emailed to you.
For postal bookings, please provide an email address in the space provided and we will notify you by email as soon as we have processed your application.
You will then receive confirmation of your booking (together with notification of any additional charges due) from the holiday park operator.* You may also receive confirmation of your booking via e-mail direct from your holiday park/operator.
If you have not received any notification of your holiday booking by Thursday 24th February, please call the Sun Helpline who will advise of your booking status.

Thanks i should gett an email then, hoping any post from them comes b4 my redirection ends in 6months lol x

I actually have no idea where I got that from lol Sorry!

I got this from the sun website -

If booking online, you will receive on-screen confirmation of your booking, which will also be emailed to you.
For postal bookings, please provide an email address in the space provided and we will notify you by email as soon as we have processed your application.
You will then receive confirmation of your booking (together with notification of any additional charges due) from the holiday park operator.* You may also receive confirmation of your booking via e-mail direct from your holiday park/operator.
If you have not received any notification of your holiday booking by Thursday 24th February, please call the Sun Helpline who will advise of your booking status.

Ye, last year I sent my form too late so i didn't get the park of my choice, but I was emailed a list of parks, and I choose pontins in prestatyn, it was so good we decided to put it on the list this year :)

I don't think I got a hope in hell of having the one I want as I've only just got my 10th token! Wanted to book Devon Cliffs but I think it's really popular. Anyone else recommend holiday parks in Devon for back ups?

Me and my family have done the sub holiday for the last five years I think and we always go to torquay x

I don't think I got a hope in hell of having the one I want as I've only just got my 10th token! Wanted to book Devon Cliffs but I think it's really popular. Anyone else recommend holiday parks in Devon for back ups?

I have no idea, but if you get a different park, dont believe every review you read, as I notice alot of holiday reviews to be untrue

my letter hasnt even been delivered after 2weeks so looks like royal mail have lost another 1 of my cheques!! :( thats why i havent heard from them x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back