• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

vomit?

hugsy

Reaction score
This might be a very stupid question but what reasons can a baby vomit from?

She vomited her entire bottle this morning was ok with her next 2 but had top up one at 430 ( ccos she was looking for it but didn't want to give a full one from the fridge) and vomited the whole thing up again, it wasn't immediately after though maybe half hour or more

It was all tick n lumpy looking too, there was no crying so don't think its to do with her silent reflux. the only thing is both bottles were read made cartons. we always give ready made for her morning feed so she doesn't have to cry while i wait to make a bottle but gave carton as the top up one too, could this been the problem even though she has been having cartons from day 1

what else could be the cause?

i know that sometimes if its too cold they can be sick, hiccups or movement can make them puke too. the reflux could be the reason if she was lay down, being too full or being ill
those are generally the only reasons i can think of for baby being sick really.

I was told the cartons are very rich, richer than the powder. For Albert's morning feed I pour the water into the bottle last thing at night but don't add the powder then stick it in the fridge. Saves waiting for the kettle to boil and cool down again in the morning. I just add the powder when I need to and warm it up in a bowl of hot water

Evie projectile vomited when the midwife was here last week, scared the hell out of me!! She has had a mix of expressed breat and cartons. The midwife said sometimes if they have a little air pocket trapped under the milk they have eaten it can force the whole bottle back out as they bring up the burp - it doesn't happen everytime though, sometimes they can just burp and bring up the wind alone. So glad she was there as I was all for rushing her somewhere to be checked out!! lol. She is pretty much never sick so it was out of character for her.

yeah it kinda freaked me out allrite, she never really gets sick so was just strange that she done it twice in the same day both times the whole bottle, it was all curdled looking too is that normal?

BB i do premake her bottles but she goes so crazy in the morning id have to boil the kettle to take the chill out of it anyway and she would be hysterical, which i understand cos when im hungry i want my food now lol for her 3am feed i put the bottle from the fridge into a cool bag and its just about drinking temp when she wakes, luckyly she doesnt mind too much if its cold although only last nite we were saying we might use cartons for that one too but not if thats what has made her vomit

Evie's sick was pretty curdled when it came back up, and pretty nasty smelling too, as were the jeans and jumper that I was wearing that she vommed all over!!

Microwave? We did that for middle of night feeds, but never so It was hot, just took the chill off. My dd threw up a whole bottle every day for a month, no pattern to it, sometimes straight away, sometimes an hour later, different bottle each day.

Thanks hun maybe it was just a coincidence

t says not to microwave but if thats just so you dont have hot patches then if i shake really well then it might work, although hat d idea of havig to lave the bedroom lol im such a lazy bitch

I used microwave after my son fell onto a jug of hot water and never looked back from it since i was forever knocking the jugs over and mopping up spills also you could try thermal flask with warm water in to keep by your bed and add powder to it and its done and ready to use at right temp x

30 weeks pregnant. Team yellow x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back