Routine for 10 month old, esp. sleeping/naps

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
Imogen's routine WAS this from about 6/7 months until a few weeks ago..

6.45 awake
7.00 bottle 6oz
9-9.30 nap
11.00 bottle 6oz but took 4oz ish
12-12.45 nap
1.00 lunch
3.00 ish bottle and nap for 30-45 mins
5 dinner
6.15 bath
7.00 bottle (6oz, but takes 3-4oz) & bed

but lately she has been missing naps (not always the same ones) and being so sleepy we've been puttin her to bed around 6.30 ...also she has not been taking much of the 7oz bottle. sometimes we top her up with dreamfeed around 10.30 if we know she has a day at childminder/nursery next day so she is not too out of sync and sometimes she has stirred around 10 ish so we've given her milk...

one of my friends said her LO went through this and she sort of trained her LO to change to have a sleep in the morning and one in the afternoon.... so sort of to go longer in the morning .

I am happy to do this, just wondered if anyone else had any experience of this??
ta ladies.
x

Lovella is just approaching 10 months and her naps have changed although it hasnt made a difference really...

7am- Wakes up

8am- Breakfast

9:30am- Nap for 40 minutes

11am- 7oz bottle, but never drinks it all

2pm- Dinner

2:30pm- Nap for 1-2 hours! ( over tired and shattered )

5pm- Tea

7pm- 8oz bottle & bed ( never drinks it all )

She used to nap after being awake for 2-3 hours but now stays awake until shes too tired to eat,play or be sociable lol

xxx

Thanks Carly. It's good to know we are not alone. Do you go to regular groups with Lovella? have you found this affects your routine at all?

Unfortunately i dont go to any groups with her but i really want to and have been thinking about starting playgroup this week and swimming :) She's become harder to feed than before though and isnt as interested as she used to be. I'll keep you posted after iv started taking her to playgroup :)

I wonder if it's an age thing with the feeding.... Imogen is the same. we have to distract her LOADS as she just seems to see eating as an inconvenience and interrupts her play!!

She also prefers her pudding to her dinner... it's only natural yoghurt, banana mashed up or pureed fruit but i think it's cos it doesn't have lumps like her dinner so it's easier to eat???

I just think at the moment we can do things between her sleeps quite conveniently, if they change then it will have an effect on her groups etc. Oh well.. I guess that is the way it goes. be interested to see how you and Lovella get on Carly, once you start groups.
x

eep cant remember exactly now, but im pretty sure at 10 months melissa was down from 3 naps a day to just 2. now she only has one. the time does tend to very a bit tho and always has, she sort of falls into her own routines but still we tend to only put her down when she starts rubbing her eyes and yawning. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back