Aptamil Growing Up Milk.

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Naomi has finally taken a cup - yay!
She was taking half/half watered down milk but it seemed to make her vomit, so I stopped for a few days and sure enough the vomiting stopped.

Anyway a couple of days ago I tried her with Aptamil Growing Up Milk.
The first night she drank a little from her cup and really seemed to like it, making appreciative noises (nyamnyamnyam...)
Lastnight was a different story however. She drank a fair bit and then PUKED all over the shop. Milk and fruit and rice cakes came down her nose, the poor little mite was out in a sweat. I think it was the milk, OH says it might be a bug.

So if she doesn't vomit this evening I'm blaming the milk. And I ask you...how on earth do you wean a child with reflux off her anti reflux feed without making her miserable?

Sue

Awww what a nightmare.

Have you thought about trying the hungry baby milk first?...it might be a bit thicker.
Saying that I have no experience with reflux so it may be the worst idea in the world :lol:

hi sue

i'm afraid i can't help but i am sort of in the same boat so was wandering whether you could help me!!

what do you use in naomi's bottles for her reflux? finlay is a refluxer and it is gradually getting worse, so i took him to the doctors last week under the advice of my HV who has been monitoring him, and they prescribed with me Nestergel, which is a thickener for his milk, but its a real fiddle i have to heat it in a saucepan then let it cool then add the formula. It does help, but i cant help thinking am i always going to have to do this???

also what milk did you give? (before trying aptimil growing up milk)

i used to breastfeed but have been advised to switch to formula as my breastmilk makes his reflux worse, so am in the process of switching

thanks, sorry for not offering help!

Izzyx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back