Vivid dreams!

Becs

Reaction score
Has anyone else had any?

I was feeling anxious last week (feeling much better now, all snuggly and fluffy infact) and one night I woke up hallucinating that I could see a huge patch of dark blood leaking from the corner of the ceiling in our bedroom. I shouted Oh my God! and leapt up to turn the light on to get a better look. My husband thought I was bonkers. I then fell back to sleep and dreamt that I was a prisoner in a Kenyan jail. I think I may have mentioned it on here.

Anyway, my new midwife asked me to fill out a form and one question was 'Have you been having vivid dreams'. It never occured to me that it could be pregnancy related. Has anyone else noticed more vivid dreams?

I had a weird dream last night...

Really weird though...
I remembered it this morning, now i cant though :?

ive had two vivid dreams. the first was i lost the baby not nice at all! the second was that we went back into the scan room and gave the midwife £5 to bribe her to tell us the sex of the baby! lol :rotfl:

I've been having very vivid dreams- quite a few actually. I find it all fascinating- although the last one I had at the weekend was awful but was just connected to my inner fears about looking after the baby but it still freaked me out- baby's head got stuck in between the sofa and then came off like a dolls head! Very bizarre. Everyone I've mentioned dreams to say its very normal to have them during pregnancy. I don;t know if its all the hormones or the emotions/fears going through our heads? My most recurring dreams are along the lines of my partner running off or cheating on me and I think this is quite common too.

i've always had pretty vivid dreams, but at the moment, its like im living my dreams.....sometimes pretty scary! your's sound horrid!

I've been getting very vivid dreams, mostly in first trimester and now I think they are fading now and less frequent. Some were plain scary and others downright weird. I never remember dreams normally so as soon as I had my first vivid dream I just put it down to pregnancy and hormones.

One dream I had was after I'd watched jamie oliver's programme on chickens and free range eggs vs battery etc etc. I dreamt that night that DH and I were in another house that we were about to buy (dunno why!) and all of a sudden DH tapped on ceiling and ran away, (apparently cos he heard a noise from above, but I didn't hear it cos i'm deaf!) and all of a sudden a hole opened up and a whole load of chickens came falling through the ceiling in a huge pile. And they were HUGE GIANT chickens, like I've never seen before!!!! and all over the house were huge piles of chickens everywhere I went.

How weird. :shock: :rotfl:

I've had some really vivid dreams too, some where i wake up pointing at something that isn't there or where i'm sure there is something coming to get me. My OH is very good at reassuring me, i even made him walk me to the loo one night and made him check behind the shower curtain. Lol.

Yeh it is considered one of the pregnancy things, although i've always has strange dreams. Part of me wonders whether it is because we wake up more in the night and therefore remember more of our dreams - the average person only remmebers 5% of their dreams come the morning so who knows!!!

:shock: OMG, it must be a pregnancy thing, I didn't expect to get any replies to this!

I've had weird dreams and also thought I saw a lizard running up the curtain!!!

Last night my dream was that I was bleeding and needed to get checked out, didnt go much further than that really but I've had a similar dream where I was bleeding and was at hospital waiting and waiting for someone to check me out and the hubby was nowhere in sight.

I dont know if they are more concerns over the pregnancy as I've always had vivid dreams, once was that I had a baby to Michael Jackson's and I was puching the pram along and was very uncomfortable in letting people look at the baby, when I looked into the pram the baby was my cat!!!
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeah-I've had a few too-didn't realise it was pregnancy related though-I wonder what causes it-... :think: I might have to look it up now!

I had a dream that I gave birth to goo and they said I wasn't even pregnant in the first place :( when they cleaned me up they gave me my bag and said "you're free to go" so I grabbed someones baby on my way out and legged it...

...Even in my dream I knew it wasn't normal to give birth and have no baby to bring home!

Hmmmm :think: interesting! xx

i dreamt that i gave birth to a tefal iron (actually remembered the brand name), i was distraught but everyone else including DH was over the moon, they even wrapped the bloody thing in a blanket and asked me to try and breast feed it!!

When i was as far gone as you were Becs I was having some ace sex dreams- though they werent with my hubby, they were with brian krause and julien mcmoham (both charmed).

Was such a hussy!

I've had quite a few vivid dream. Last night I had one about breastfeeding, in it when the baby lached on my body got a warm fuzzy feeling all over it and the baby wouldn't feed for mor than five minutes which stressed me out. I was also really concerned about making sure I switched boobs each time. My baby is always a girl in all the dreams I've had.

Alex xxx

Ooh I have. i never realised it was a pregnancy thing though. I have also had some quite, ahem, sexy dreams as well!! :shock: heheh. I'm too tired for the real thing though.

sparky said:
i dreamt that i gave birth to a tefal iron (actually remembered the brand name), i was distraught but everyone else including DH was over the moon, they even wrapped the bloody thing in a blanket and asked me to try and breast feed it!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! This just made me crack up laughing!!

I always have very bizarre vivid dreams and always have done (also get the OH running off and cheating dreams a lot and he's always a real nasty b*stard in my dreams!)

My main pregnancy dream so far was before I knew I was pregnant...I had a dream I was 2 1/2 months pregnant...so did a test (in real life) and actually was! Otherwise I'd still be sitting here now unawares! x

HideiLu said:
sparky said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! This just made me crack up laughing!!

I always have very bizarre vivid dreams and always have done (also get the OH running off and cheating dreams a lot and he's always a real nasty b*stard in my dreams!)

My main pregnancy dream so far was before I knew I was pregnant...I had a dream I was 2 1/2 months pregnant...so did a test (in real life) and actually was! Otherwise I'd still be sitting here now unawares! x

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

mrs_tommo22 said:
When i was as far gone as you were Becs I was having some ace sex dreams- though they werent with my hubby, they were with brian krause and julien mcmoham (both charmed).

Was such a hussy!

wish they would venture my way :wink:

I've been having insecurity dreams too, bout DH leaving or my family not wanting to know, think you naturally feel more vunerable when you're pg

I had a nightmare around Xmas when my OH proposed then buggered off...

...Turns out, I wasn't asleep :? lol

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back